Position Title: PRONTO Project Coordinator
Ref Number: CO 06
Duty Station: Kakamega
Country / Directorate: Kenya
Reports to: SPO / Programme Manager / Zonal Coordinator
Job Objective: Management of day-to-day activities and implementation of project activities in a specific project.
- Provide managerial support to the project team.
- Responsible over all project matters such as day to day management, resource management
- Responsible for project reporting to PRONTO International headquarters
Description of Duties:
1. Provides management leadership in the project though co-ordination and supervision of the implementation of project activities and supervision of staff in the project.
2. Provides management and supervision of data collection staff hired by AMREF.
3. Responsible for ensuring data quality, including the preparation and submission of data quality assurance reports on a trimester basis.
4. Plans, implements, monitors and evaluates project activities including:
- Preparing project work plans and budgets on annual and ad-hoc basis.
- Assigning work on project implementation and undertaking continuous coordination and monitoring of the project activities.
- Implementing research and development activities.
5. Supports dissemination of project information by preparing project reports on a regular basis, including financial and technical reports to donors and all required project information to PRONTO and other program partners.
6. Provides financial management for the project including:
- Preparation of budgets on annual basis or on ad-hoc basis.
- Control of project resources.
- Approve and monitor project expenditures for other project staff.
- Submit timely financial progress reports.
7. Acts as the key contact for the project to:
- Maintain regular communication with members of the project management team and other members of the country Programmes.
- Initiate and maintain collaboration with other actors on the ground.
- Submit progress reports to key partners.
8. Ensures programme integration and growth by participating in country meetings and developing new project initiatives.
9. Undertakes other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
i. Supervision: Work independently on tasks related to project management with periodic reporting and direction from supervisors.
ii. Decision Making: Make decisions on the project implementation and its daily management.
iii. Responsibility over data or information: Has access to important information as regards the project, its budget and the general trend and performance of the project.
iv. Responsibility over assets: Proper management of financial resources, equipment and project utilities like vehicles.
v. Responsibility over Staff: Responsibility over Research Assistants, Assistants, Technicians and Drivers,
Professional / Qualifications
Minimal: Degree or HND in nursing, medicine or relevant field
Desirable: Masters level degree in relevant clinical field
- Hands on training and knowledge in relevant project and management responsibilities.
- Experience working in public clinics or hospitals
- Experience with clinic-based data collection and monitoring
- Experience with Implementation Research (Operations Research).
- Clinical understanding of obstetrics and neonatal care
- Experience working in Public Level 2 or 3 clinics.
- Clinical experience in obstetrics and/or neonatal care.
- Data base management skills
- Experience managing other team member activities
Length of Experience
Minimal: At least 2 years
Desirable: At least three years
- Ability to work independently, good leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work with people from all backgrounds
Personal Attributes: Mature, personable
B. Performance Standard for this Job:
Quality of work as indicated by achievement of specific outputs as detailed in the Country Programme work plan.
If you meet the above requirements, please follow the following link to complete the application form:https://docs.google.com/a/uwkenya.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDdUUkt5VUNiZkN2OHo2OE5mR1JkeUE6MQ#gid=0
In addition, send an application letter with your current CV that contains details of your qualifications, experience, full time telephone number and names and addresses of 3 professional referees and copies of certificates to email@example.com.
Your application should reach us by 14th March, 2014.