Our client is a young dynamic and innovative company in the IT sector involved in the provision of IT services, solutions and systems.
They aspire to deliver innovation by developing exciting products geared to meet the needs of an individual or an entire community beyond the borders.
Are you passionate about working in a technologically evolving work environment by providing legal solutions and advise for corporate and commercial business needs?
Do you love working with people and passionate for corporate and commercial law?
We have an interesting opportunity for a client looking for an energetic, self-driven, intelligent and experienced Human Resources and Legal Officer.
Job Purpose / Summary: The job holder shall ensure the best legal approach is taken for business ventures.
The job holder will work with the Commercial department and divisions to address the internal and external legal concerns of the business along handling Human Resource Administrative duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drawing and ensuring of proper execution of contracts/MOUs by authorized signatories.
- Provision of sound legal advice to the Management of the company and staff thereof.
- Drafting and lodging in relevant registries conveyancing documents for the company.
- Register title documents for the company’s properties and ensure that all properties are properly accounted for.
- Liaise with external lawyers to facilitate collection and preparation of information related to court cases and court hearings.
- Ensure the company meets its legal obligations and complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Providing legal guidance in developing product and deal structures and providing transaction advice.
- Providing day to day legal support to different products and structured funds and product platforms.
- Drafting of legal documentation including drafting Term Sheet, business contracts, Business memorandums and other transactional documents as the case may be.
- Liaising with business contacts as well as external legal counsel on business matters.
- Reviewing contracts and other legal documentation.
- Carrying our compliance on various business application/investment documents.
Carrying out risk and compliance reviews as well as maintaining risk and compliance registers.
Human Resource Management
- Undertake administrative duties supporting various HR processes including induction; probation procedure and drafting of employment contracts.
- Identifying and applying HR best practices and tools to help the company improve its performance.
- Implement operational policies, which are consistent with good practices and conform to national and regional legislation as well as Kenya Statutory requirements.
- Support in designing, implementation and monitoring of performance management systems including KPI’s.
- Implement and review the company’s benefits scheme (medical, pension, life cover, other cash and non-cash benefits)
- Advise and guide the top and line managers on HR related matters.
- Maintaining personal records of employees on matters such as wages, leave and preparing reports.
- Handle disciplinary issues amicably among the employees as of when they arise and where necessary act upon within the company’s policy and procedure framework.
- Formulate and oversee the implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Holder of a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized University.
- Be an Advocate of High Court of Kenya with a diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
- A diploma in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage.
- Have 3-4 years’ experience in Conveyance, Contract drafting and Human Resource Management.
- Have experience in contract negotiations and drafting.
- Proven experience in Commercial and Conveyancing laws, documentation and procedures.
- A team player willing to work with minimum supervision.
- Be a person of integrity with high morals and professional ethical values.
- Excellent communication, presentation research and analysis skills.
- High levels of energy, creativity and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task between various briefs.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize.
- High integrity.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and competencies our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to email@example.com (Indicating the JOB TITLE on the Subject Line) before close of business 7th March 2014.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.