We are pleased to announce the following within the Financial Services Division.
Senior Manager, Product Management
Ref: FS_SMPM__APRIL _2014
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the General Manager - Financial Services, role holder will be responsible for increasing M-PESA revenues by acquiring new customers and influencing usage from existing customers.
The job holder’s key responsibilities will be to:
• Consistently develop sound strategic plans to identify untapped business opportunities for M-PESA. ;
• Diligently adhere and/or implement processes and tools necessary to deliver forecasted revenue, subscriber numbers and usage ratios;
• Carry out analysis of customer trends and develop products & activities that address the needs of all potential customers segments irrespective of language, location, age etc;
• Maximize research / data analysis conducted on M-PESA usage to identify trends on customer behavior;
• Working closely with the Strategic Marketing team, ensure that marketing activities cover & appeal to all potential customers irrespective of language, location, age etc.
• Consistently identify M-PESA knowledge gaps among subscribers & develop customer education initiatives to address these gaps;
• Reduce fraud related cases resulting from lack of knowledge by formulating strategies and activities geared at educating customers;
• Strategically position M-PESA globally therefore improving Safaricom’s competitive advantage ;
• Strengthen the M-PESA product by creating competitive business advantage in the increasingly competitive environment;
• Manage the selection, growth, development, performance, motivation and recommend the reward of staff in the section ;
• Management of M-PESA Budget incorporating continuous review of product resources to ensure allocated budget adjustments are aligned to customer driven projects;
• Quarterly review of product Profitability/Revenue stream status to identify deviation from forecast and implement measures to correct spend as per set targets;
• Achieve CDI score for the Division/M-PESA product;
• Take responsibility in driving a Customer-Centric Culture by Identify market research needs, brief the Safaricom research team on requirements & co-ordinate research activities;
• Liaise and follow through with Marketing, Technical and other departments in ensuring initiatives identified to improve Customer satisfaction are implemented as per agreed timeframes;
• Participate in continuous process review and process improvements of products
• Ensure both Kenyan and international marketing activities are well coordinated
• Ensure products alignment with the FS & Safaricom strategic pillars
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills & competencies:
• Bachelors Degree in Sales or Marketing;
• At least 8 years hands on experience in brand marketing with at least 3 years in a managerial role ;
• Highly organized, conscientious and detail oriented;
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Communications Skills;
• Presentation, Negotiation and Leadership Skills ;
• Planning & Organization Skills;
• Results and performance oriented, Proactive.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and posses the necessary qualification and experience please send your resume and application letter indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title to the address below.
The deadline for application is Tuesday, 29th April,2014
The Head of Talent & Resourcing
Via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org