Job Advert: Business Development Assistants
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya, is supported by MasterCard Foundation, was established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
The key purpose of the organization is to assist 10,000 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
About the Position: Successful candidates will be charged with the responsibility of going to the field and scouting for job and internship opportunities for youth who have undergone training and seek partnership with likeminded organizations. Successful candidates will be based in the field.
- Interacting with various industry players and seeking their support towards the program.
- Develop positive relationships with different stake holders from different industries.
- Build relationships with new stakeholders.
- Seeking internship, job opportunities for the youth.
- Follow up on students’ progress during both internship and employment.
- Develops strategies to secure partners.
- Creating awareness and marketing the program.
- Set up meetings between various organizations and CAP YEI Management.
- Identify and propose potential organizations to partner with.
- Any other job assigned by your seniors.
- 2 years hands on experience in Business Development in a highly competitive environment
- Innovative, creative and achievement oriented.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong business development and relationship management skills.
- Proven track record of success in the acquisition of new business
- Must be mature and with the right attitude.
- Relevant business Degree.
How to apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th February 2014.
Cover letter should be pasted on the body of the email and not as an attachment.
Applicants are required to quote their current and expected salary.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Cap Youth Empowerment Institute does not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.