Kirinyaga County Government
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board
The Kirinyaga County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to the constitution of Kenya article 176 and the County Government Act No.17 of 2012.
County Director of Administration
Job Group - R
The Director will be answerable to the County Secretary and will be responsible for the following tasks.
Duties and responsibilities
- Organization, direction, control and co-ordination of the functions of the devolved units
- Development , implementation and evaluation of the division’s strategic plans, programs and projects in collaboration with other departments and stakeholders
- Supervise devolved units and support in coordination of stakeholders
- Interpreting and applying national and county laws and other related statutes in the relevant division in line with the county goals and objectives.
- Developing appropriate county departmental policies, legal and institutional frameworks for implementation of the mandate of the division.
- Handling administrative, Human Resources and assets management issues.
- Oversee preparation of annual work plans and financial budgets for devolved units
- Ensuring strict compliance with all financial, budgetary and procurement procedures
- Co-ordination of production, documentation and dissemination of the relevant division’s information.
- Provide advice and guidance in recruiting, hiring and staff development.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the County Secretary and County Public Service Board.
Requirements for appointment
- Be a Kenyan Citizen.
- Be a holder of at least a first degree from a University recognized in Kenya.
- Have qualifications and knowledge in administration or management
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution; and
- Have knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than five years in a senior administration/management position
- Demonstrate a high degree of professional and technical competence as reflected in work performance and results.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Devolution, the County development objectives and vision 2030
Important information to all candidates
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Terms of service contract or permanent
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce their National Identity Cards, Academic and Professional Certificates and Testimonials.
- All interested candidates should satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution including the following clearances:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- A tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- A certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of clearance from any of the Credit References Bureaus (CRB)
All applications should reach the Secretary on or before 20th June, 2014 at 5.00pm.
Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Canvasing will lead to disqualification.
How to Apply:
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board,
Office of the Governor,
P.O. Box 260-10304,
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the Kirinyaga County Public Service Board offices, Kirinyaga County Government Head Quarters, Kutus.