Kirinyaga County Government
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board
The Kirinyaga County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to the constitution of Kenya article 176 and the County Government Act No.17 of 2012.
Job Group - P
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing road sector policies for efficient roads infrastructure services under the county jurisdiction
- Preparing, monitoring and evaluating projects and strategic plans
- Carrying out traffic planning and managing traffic data
- Preparing roads investment programs in the county
- Supervising roads consultancy services
- Collecting and collating economic, environmental and social data for road investment programs and strategies
- Designing roads projects
- Preparing tender documents for road projects
- Participating in preparing procurement plans and budget for road development projects
- Ensuring road construction projects are executed in accordance with standards and specifications
Requirements for Appointment:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be a holder of a Degree in Civil Engineering, or its equivalent from a recognized University
- Served in the grade of Principal Superintendent Engineer or comparable and relevant position in the Civil Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Be registered with the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya(ERB);
- A current valid Practicing license from the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya;
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications.
Important information to all candidates
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Terms of service contract or permanent
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce their National Identity Cards, Academic and Professional Certificates and Testimonials.
- All interested candidates should satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution including the following clearances:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- A tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- A certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of clearance from any of the Credit References Bureaus (CRB)
All applications should reach the Secretary on or before 20th June, 2014 at 5.00pm.
Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Canvasing will lead to disqualification.
How to Apply:
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board,
Office of the Governor,
P.O. Box 260-10304,
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the Kirinyaga County Public Service Board offices, Kirinyaga County Government Head Quarters, Kutus.