A local Manufacturing Company is looking for a highly motivated person to fill the post of Plant Engineer.
The following are the requirements for the position;
Reports to the Plant / Factory Head
To manage the maintenance of plant and equipment, to significantly improve plant performance and reliability through the management and coordination of all maintenance and engineering activities within a large scale, complex, defined area.
To define, implement and manage a risk based maintenance strategy for area of control in order to meet the business, Safety, Environmental, Financial and Operational objectives at minimum cost and in the safest manner.
- Manage, coordinate and control all aspects of engineering in order to meet agreed departmental objectives.
- Develop the maintenance strategy for a defined area in conjunction with the maintenance team.
- Manage and control the maintenance strategy on a day-to-day basis, including routine, special and stop period maintenance, and to develop and implement capital activities.
- Ensure a reduction of waste time on machine stoppages and technical challenges.
- Ensure Health & Safety and Environmental standards and targets are met and maintained within defined company procedures and legislative requirements.
- Identify areas for engineering and financial improvement and enable their inception whilst maintaining an appropriate level of availability and reliability of equipment.
- Ensure the safe and effective introduction of new equipment, capital expenditure and process improvement technologies.
- Determine training requirements and prepare training plans.
- Prepare and manage engineering budgets, forecasts and plans.
- Deputise in an equivalent position as required (competence permitting).
- Conducting regular inspections and ensuring the upkeep and maintenance of all areas of a facility.
- Ensuring the proper working of all electrical units and systems in the facility.
- Leading the maintenance team and delegating work areas to them.
- Keeping a record of all the day-to-day maintenance and service activities undertaken in a facility.
- Evaluating the performance of the subordinates.
- Placing orders for spare parts and equipments for replacement and ascertaining the proper documentation of the same.
- Synchronizing work processes with other divisions of the establishment.
- Undertake any other reasonable task as required (competence permitting)
Knowledge & Experience
- Requires an expert understanding of maintenance and engineering processes and strategies.
- Will be qualified to degree level (with a minimum of 7 years experience) in engineering discipline.
- Will be able to demonstrate previous success in introducing risk based maintenance techniques into industrial/manufacturing organisations.
- Will ideally be a professional engineer, with significant experience in risk-based maintenance engineering and man-management.
- Will have had an exposure in ISO or other quality management principles.
Requirements of the role
- Engineering degree preferably in Plant /Mechanical.
- A minimum of seven years (7) years experience in Engineering discipline - maintenance.
Candidates with diplomas in Engineering Plant/Mechanical/Electrical and with prior hands on experience in a manufacturing environment for at least one year are encouraged to apply.
If you meet the above requirements and are a hands on person with leadership skills, please send your covering letter and must indicate current and expected salary, availability, attach CV, scanned copies of your certificates and testimonials to the following address specifying the post applied for not later than 28th February 2014 ;
The Group Human Capital and Administration Manager
Email address; firstname.lastname@example.org