Pevans East Africa Ltd has a vacancy for a Software Developer.
We're looking for someone with substantial sportsbook experience, who is keen to help the team move to a more formal agile methodology.
The ideal candidate will be someone who wants to affect change within the team, improving and modernising our existing technical processes and helping to improve the team's overall efficiency.
You'll be expected to work closely with the team and the technical managers to identify and resolve bottlenecks in our processes.
• Develop new features and functionality for high transaction, large scale betting websites.
• Participate in design and code reviews.
• Identify and address performance bottlenecks in the software.
• Designing and developed solutions that are modular, scalable and portable
• Working with customers to extract requirements and agree the designs.
• Deputise in team management or product management roles.
The ideal candidate should also have
• Web technologies and internet protocols (XML, HTTP, TCP/IP)
• Agile development experience
• Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) website design
• Website development skills HTML, HTML5 and CSS
• A bachelorʼs degree in a science subject, ideally computer science, engineering, or information systems from a well-regarded university
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
• Demonstrable talent coding in at least one major language (Java, J2EE, C, C++)
• Experience developing on Unix/Linux
• Database design experience (any vendor)
• Basic understanding of TCP/IP network fundamentals
• Experience using version control systems (CVS, etc.)
• Experience and all stages of software lifecycle, especially requirements capture and analysis
• Ideally 3+ years of experience building web applications
Interested candidates who qualify for this position should send their cv to email@example.com before 2nd May 2014