Summary: Our client is part of an international pharmacy led health and beauty group who strive to be the first choice for pharmacy, healthcare and innovative products while providing exceptional customer and patient care.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer will provide both operational and programmatic support to the organization.
He/she will assist the Chief Operating Officer (COO) on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting and the securing of new funding.
- Assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO/Executive team and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Engage the board finance, audit, and investment committees around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with company’s strategic plan, especially as the organization considers sponsorships, potential acquisitions and collaborations with external organizations.
- Serve as a member of executive leadership team
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives including activity based financial analysis to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts
Accounting and Administration
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Mentor and develop a direct team, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic.
- Guide the larger team outside of direct span of control.
Qualification and Experience
- Business degree majoring in Finance or Accounting with a professional accounting qualification such as CPA; MBA will be an added advantage
- At least five (5) years experience as CFO or equivalent, preferably in a Private Equity lead start up organization. Retail experience would be beneficial.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Sound knowledge of financial management and accounting procedures.
- Proven analytical skills-ability to interpret or generate all types of financial data and financial reports, statements, and financial modeling and business plans.
- Demonstrable leadership ability with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
Send your application including a cover letter demonstrating why you are the most suited for this role, a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Monday 5th May 2014.
P O Box 6416, Nairobi,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.