Kengen Staff Retirement Benefits Scheme seeks to fill the vacant position of a Finance Officer immediately.
The job holder: The Finance Officer will ensure that the Scheme’s financial resources are managed in a procedural and ethical manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
The job holder duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Reports to the Head of Finance, Investment & Property
- Preparation of annual Scheme Budget and presenting it to the Board of Trustees for approval.
- Actively manage and monitor pension scheme cash requirements
- Ensure payments (Accounts payable) are properly controlled and promptly settled.
- Ensure prompt collection of accounts receivable for all scheme revenue streams.
- Maintenance of Books of Accounts for Projects, Properties, and fund accounts to Final Accounts.
- To monitor all investment transactions and reconciling Custodian and Fund Managers reports on a monthly basis.
- Prepare the scheme staff payroll, and ensure timely disbursements and payroll reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly Bank reconciliation Statements for all scheme bank accounts.
- Maintenance of Scheme Fixed Assets registers.
- Filing of all Tax and VAT returns as per KRA regulations and guidelines in force.
- Ensure safe custody of all supplier and contractors contract agreements and service level agreements.
- Responsible for the safe custody of all accountable documents and records.
- Preparation of Scheme Monthly and Quarterly reports and accounts.
- Preparation of year end Scheme final accounts
- Facilitate Audits and ensure legal and professional compliance.
- Preparation of Ad hoc reports as may be required by the scheme from time to time.
- Other financial tasks as required by the scheme.
- And any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
The job holder must possess:
- A Degree in Business Administration or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA finalist.
- At least 7 years working experience.
- Ability to supervise an accounting team.
- Should be confident, a self starter, with the ability to operate ¡n a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate good attention to detail, good judgment showing logical decision making and a hands on approach.
- Computer literate with good excel skills and solid understanding of accounting software principles.
- Knowledge and experience of working with accounting packages.
- Strong decision making abilities.
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
If you qualify and up to the challenge, please submit your application through email, along with a detailed CV, stating your current position and remuneration, copies of certificates and testimonials so as to reach us on or before 29th May 2014 addressed to:
KenGen Staff Retirement Benefits Scheme,