UNAIDS Vacancy No: 1/2014
Functional Title: Policy & Strategy Adviser
Org. Unit: UNAIDS Kenya Office
Reporting to: UNAIDS Country Director
Date of Issue: 16 May 2014
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Functions / Key Responsibilities: Reporting to the UNAIDS Country Director, the Policy and Strategy Adviser will work in collaboration with national and county partners to ensure HIV strategies and policies are developed across key sectors.
At devolved level, the adviser will support strategic planning in key counties and the dissemination and implementation of policies and strategies.
In addition, the adviser will provide technical support for leadership in planning, financing and coordination of the AIDS response within the devolved government primarily through:
- Providing technical advice on policy direction to the UNAIDS country office, national and county governments;
- Support process to plan, budget, coordinate and build HIV response management and coordination at the county level;
- Provide leadership, strategic policy direction and technical support to processes that will result in effective implementation of the AIDS response at devolved level.
Detailed functions, key responsibilities and competences can be found at the link below:
Education: First university degree in public policy, public administration, political science, finance,
accounting, or related fields.
- A minimum of four to five years’ experience in the development, planning and programming and monitoring and implementation of technical programmes in governmental and international institutions.
- High level expertise in governance, public administration, policy, and/or planning.
- Experience and proven ability to analyze, provide technical advice, transfer knowledge, and provide leadership on policy development and implementation processes.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to synthesize policy document and provide practical recommendations.
Language: Essential: Advanced knowledge of English with knowledge of the local language.
Interested persons are kindly requested to send applications, including a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and updated P11 form (available at the link provided) to the address below.
Please quote vacancy number and position title on the envelope.
Block M, Middle Level
P.O. Box 30218 – 00100
Nairobi – Kenya
Please note that:
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- UNAIDS is an equal opportunity employer which strives to achieve overall balance in its staffing patterns.
Closing date for applications is 13 June 2014