Employment Announcement (Nairobi Area)
Assisted Partner Notification Services (APS) Study
The Assisted Partner Notification Services (APS) study, which is a partnership between the National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP), Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH), and the University of Washington, is currently seeking qualified and competent persons to fill the following position(s) for a clinical trial about HIV.
HTC (HIV Testing and Counseling) Health Assistant
Main Objectives of Position:
To recruit, screen, enroll and follow-up standard of care control group participants in a study to assess the effects of APS plus supportive contacts on linkage and engagement in care of individuals newly diagnosed with HIV.
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
- Hold Certificate in Voluntary Counseling and Testing (VCT) or HTC from NASCOP
- At least one year work experience in HTC service provision
- Experience in social work and research projects
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with smart phones, including downloading study questionnaires and uploading data to a central database
- Team player
Responsibilities will include:
- Learn study protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Implement study steps and activities consistent with protocols and SOPs
- Recruit, screen and enroll eligible newly diagnosed individuals with HIV (index cases) tested at VCT or Provider Initiated Testing and Counseling (PITC) sites
- Describe study objectives clearly and provide informed consent to participants
- Be responsible for follow-up of index cases, primarily by phone call interviews and occasionally by clinic visit or home visit
- Document phone calls, clinic visits or home visits on paper-based forms and via smart phone-based applications
- Ensure confidentiality of source documents, participant information and study data
- Prepare reports on weekly and monthly data and activities to Study Coordinator
- Any other duties as directed by Study Coordinator or Principal Investigator
Appointment is for a 3-month contract term, with possibility of one-month or more extensions, renewable on mutual agreement and availability of funds.
Interested individuals who meet the above qualifications should submit the following to email@example.com :
- Cover letter briefly summarizing interest and related experience
- Names and contact information (telephone & email address) of 3 references
- Updated curriculum vitae (CV) with current contact information
- On the email subject line, please enter: “APS HTC Health Assistant application”
Applications are due by: Thursday, February 27, 2014, 5:00 PM
Interviews and training to be scheduled in early March 2014.