Position: Restaurant Manager cum Executive Chef
Location: Jinja - Uganda
Salary: KSh.20,000 - 30,000
Our client, 24 hours working restaurant located in Jinja Uganda seeks to recruit an Executive Chef Cum Restaurant Manager who will be in management of the restaurant.
- Direct all cooking operations by checking the methods of food preparation and cooking.
- Create and maintain menu specifications and descriptions for all menus.
- Oversee scheduling of kitchen staff and ensure accountability in every shift.
- Assist the purchasing officer with re ordering of kitchen equipments and consumables and food.
- Maintain accurate stock and usage records.
- Recruit, direct, coach, support, supervise and evaluate the performance of all the personnel activity in the kitchen.
- Responsible for the kitchen budgets and record keeping in accordance to the restaurant policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Keep the Director informed on all related guests issues such as special requests, suggestions or complaints.
- Communicate daily with all the service outlets supervisors to discuss the quality of service and the outlets performance
- Ensure that all kitchen personnel adhere to the company’s policies regarding uniforms, special appearance and hygiene through the individual check in process.
- Mentor, develop and provide on the job training to staff in order to strengthen their current performance and preparation for future advancement.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least a Higher Diploma/Diploma in Food Production from a reputable institution
- A minimum of 2 years experience in hospitality management preferably in Food and Beverage management level.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills, good judgment and common sense
- Have a wide general knowledge as a chef with experience and ability in pastry,
- Mature personality between 25 to 35 years with the ability to manage a diverse kitchen workforce.
- Health certification from the ministry of health.
Benefits: Accommodation, Legal requirements and medical cover provided.
To apply, send CV and Cover letter ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 21st February 2014.
Kindly indicate the position title and minimum salary expectation on the subject line.