Our client, a fast growing medium sized organisation in the food industry is seeking to recruit a focused, self-driven professional of high integrity.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual, with a proven track record in a senior sales role growing the FMCG business, to join the team as head of sales in Kenya in line with the company growth strategy.
Job Title: Sales Manager
Reporting: Managing Director
Liaison: All functional heads
Job Summary: The person will lead and manage the sales team, be responsible for achieving the company ambitious growth plans, and engage with the Senior Management Team to develop and implement sales strategies that will achieve and exceed budgeted levels of sales growth in all service lines locally and regionally
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for planning and implementing sales strategies together with the team so as to achieve the envisioned business growth plan.
- Develop sales infrastructure and organize the sales team to ensure constant renewal of skills and resources
- Establish strong sales operating structure, processes and procedures to ensure disciplined market coverage and service levels
- Be at the fore front in servicing key accounts and identifying growth opportunities so as to increase market penetration and optimize market share
- Responsible for ensuring a seamless supply of the retail and wholesale merchandise as well as brand visibility at all point of Sales
- Develop partnership with distributors to ensure successful market entry plans and trade management
- Develop effective forecast of the consumer trade needs and retailing development in the target markets
- Build and maintain effective communication channels between sales management and other departments to ensure smooth execution of business plans and strategies
- Inspire and instil confidence and productive relationships across the sales team to fast track revenue growth locally and regionally
- Minimum Business Degree preferably in Marketing
- At least 5 years Sales & Channel Distribution management experience
- Solid experience in directing Field Sales Force/ Sales Operations with demonstrable successes in leading, building and developing a team.
- Strong understanding of Retail/Channel Marketing, Retail Merchandising and Retail Management
- Familiarity with export trading of merchandise is an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills and an astute negotiator
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Great ideas and passionate about an entrepreneur who can think out of the box
- Strong sense of teamwork and ability to work cross functionally
- High level of integrity
If you are interested and qualified please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com, indicating the job applying for in the subject of the email.
Closing date for application 2nd March 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted