Social Enterprises Portfolio Manager
Location: Isebania, Kenya
About The Organization:
Nuru International Kenya is an NGO committed to ending extreme poverty in remote, rural areas by offering locally-led training in agriculture, personal finance, healthcare, and education.
Nuru focuses on cultivating service-minded leaders and equipping people with tools and knowledge to lead their communities out of extreme poverty.
Using local income-generating activities, Nuru sustains its work and funds program scaling into neighboring districts – thereby multiplying impact.
Nuru's vision is to create a world where people living in extreme poverty have the choice to determine their future. http://www.nuruinternational.org.
About The Position
Manage, Monitor and grow NKSE’s dairy, agribusiness, consumer products, and poultry divisions.
Responsible for managing finances, operations and human resources of the different business activities of Nuru Kenya Social Enterprises (NKSE)
Responsible for meeting predetermined financial targets of Nuru Kenya Social Enterprises
Specific Job Functions:
- Manage finances and daily operations of NKSE’s four business divisions (poultry, agribusiness, consumer products and dairy)
- Create financial models, forecasts and budgets for NKSE’s four business lines
- Conduct regular analysis and audits of NKSE’s finances
- Manage and coach NKSE team (20+)
- Build and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders, including the National Cereal and Produce Board and large-scale buyers and suppliers
- Report all business activities to senior management
- Create quarterly reports of NKSE activities
- Secure external financing for business operations
- Meet annual NKSE financial targets and business objectives
- Develop strategy for NKSE and make data driven decision
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Education/Experience):
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Kiswahili
- Extensive business experience in private and social sectors
- Experience running a business and/or managing a large business unit
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite especially MS Word and MS Excel.
- University degree in business administration, finance or related field
The ideal candidate will:
- Have entrepreneurial experience in East Africa
- Have experience managing and tracking complex budgets
- Be innovative, enthusiastic and energetic, able to work with minimum supervision and will possess excellent organizational skills including the ability to multitask under pressure.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, a pleasant and outgoing personality
- Be self-motivated and team orientated and work to a high level of integrity and accountability, with keen attention to detail
- Work is performed both in an office environment as well as in the field.
- Reports to the Deputy Executive Director and is also accountable to the Social Enterprises Business Consultant
- Applicants must be able to relocate to Isebania in the Kuria West District of Kenya for this position.
- Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Nuru International is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested applicants should submit their testimonials including resume/CVs and cover letter supported by at least two known references.
Please complete your application in English.
Include your phone number, and turn it in at our offices / Human Resources Manager at our main office (see PO Box for mailing information) or email it to PFM@nuru.co.ke (preferred).
Please outline how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
Deadline of receiving application is 14th April 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.