Elda Yoghurts seeks highly qualified candidates for the positions of sales men/ladies Manager to grow the business in western & nyanza region.
We are small rural based agribusiness enterprise in Busia county making dairy products with potential for future expansion.
Location : Western region & Nyanza region
Purpose: Responsible for care and follow up for participants enrolled in research studies and non-research clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale;
- Daily selling and distribution of yoghurts to various customers;
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails;
- Cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business;
- Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets;
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales;
- Gathering market and customer information;
- Negotiating on price, costs, delivery and specifications with buyers
- Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy;
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions;
- Liaising with suppliers to check the progress of existing orders;
- Checking the quantities of yoghurts in stock and ask for replenishment by maintaining proper re-order level from the farm office;
- Recording yoghurts sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office;
- Reviewing your own sales performance with your supervisor, aiming to meet or exceed targets;
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements;
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations in consultation with your supervisor;
- Feeding future buying trends back to employer;
- Attending team meeting and sharing best practice with colleagues.
- Collecting money from sales and ensure timely banking of the same.
Qualifications and competencies
- Minimum of 1 year working experience in sales/ marketing of fast moving consumer products.
- A diploma or equivalent in Sales or business related from a recognized institution
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid license
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Proactive and reliable
- Intellectually curious and devoted to evidence based practice
- Self drive
- Team player
- Ability to make sales
Apply via email to email@example.com with the job title "Sales person" on the subject line.
Applications should be received on or before 12th April, 2014.