User Support Engineer
Job Code: USE/D/140319
Number Of Positions Open:1
Reports To: Systems Administrator
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Our client is the umbrella company which owns and manages various internationally acclaimed fashion brands that meet the needs and preferences of a varied market segment; and is seeking to recruit a focused, dynamic, self-driven professional of high integrity to fill the position of a User Support Engineer.
Under supervision of a System Administrator, installs, maintains, troubleshoots
and upgrades computer hardware, software, personal computer networks, peripheral equipment and Corporate-wide network systems; assesses user training needs and trains users in effective use of applications; makes recommendations regarding hardware and software acquisitions; prepares documentation and provides user assistance to System Administrator; and performs related work as required.
Also analyse technical network related problems reported by end user, diagnose the most effective method to resolve the problem, implement solution, install ,maintain and trouble shoot company LANs and WANs, data communication, computers and all peripheral equipment.
Installation, Configuration and Management of Software
- Install, configure and upgrade operating systems and software, using standard business and administrative packages; may modify specific applications for use in operational departments
- Installs, assembles and configures computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware; pulls cables and rewires or directs the rewiring of cables as required for new installations and office reconfiguration
Trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Troubleshoot problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems; make repairs and corrections where required
- Act as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems with equipment and data;
- Work with the help desk assistant to facilitate exchange of information and advice;
- Implement solutions or notify outsource providers/Consultants as required
- Makes hardware and software acquisition recommendations including helping users assess needs and providing justification for equipment and services
- Assists with the planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems;
- Maintain current knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommend modifications as necessary
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the latest methods of optimizing IT resources and assist in cost saving
- Carry out regular Preventive Maintenance of the corporate-wide IT assets
- Ensure regular updates of software and drivers are carried out
- Keep the IT assets in top performance
Staff assistance and Training
- Assist in instructing Corporate staff in the use of standard software, including word processing, spreadsheets and database management;
- Provide instruction or written documentation where required
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
Solution Development and Delivery
- Understands technical and functional design requirements.
- Assists in physical and logical database design.
- Creates prototypes for the solutions.
- Designs, codes, and tests technical solutions.
- Identifies system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
- Works as a standalone environment as well as with a team.
- Assists in enforcement of development deadlines and schedules.
- Understands the necessity of and contributes to coding standards.
- Develops objectives and agendas.
- Prioritizes multiple tasks effectively.
- Promotes active listening with team members.
- Contributes appropriately to conversations.
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Understands advanced relational database concepts.
- Demonstrates proficiency with physical and logical database design.
- Writes effective stored procedures.
- Possesses demonstrated work experience with at least one relational database management system.
- Demonstrates proficiency in at least one structured programming language.
- Creates effective XSL stylesheets.
- Reads and understands XML schemas.
- Proficiency with Content Management Systems like Joomla etc.
- Understands client server and internet systems architectures.
- Demonstrates familiarity with object and component methodology and technology.
- Identifies appropriate use of COM objects
- 3+ years experience in designing, managing, repairing IT equipment and Networks in a busy environment.
- Ability to work in multiple shifts and under extreme deadline pressure
Skills and Certification:
- Bachelors degree in Computer science
- Certifications – CCNA, MCSE, RHCT
- Capability to fully repair IT equipment in-house
- Excellent communication and data analysis skills
- Problem Identification: Pinpointing the actual nature and cause of technical problems and the dynamics that underlie them
- Problem Solving/Creativity:Identifies and analyzes problems. Formulates alternative solutions. Takes or recommends appropriate actions. Follows up to ensure problems are resolved.
- Equipment Operation:Knowledge of appropriate procedures for using, and ability to use specific equipment or machines to meet defined quality and quantity standards.
- Technical Support:Ability to understand internal/external customer technologies and problem resolution techniques. Ability to communicate effectively with customers. Ability to listen to symptom descriptions; to analyze problems; to respond effectively and to provide constructive feedback to the client on problem resolution.
- Customer Focus: Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; creating and executing plans and solutions in collaboration with the customer.
- Teamwork and Cooperation:Maintains harmonious and effective work relationships with coworkers and constituents. Adapts to changing priorities and demands. Shares information and resources with others to promote positive and collaborative work relationships.
- Data Analysis: Knowledge of statistical theory and applications. Ability to monitor and collect research data to access accuracy, validity, and integrity. Ability to analyze statistics and other data. Ability to interpret and evaluate results, and create reports and/or presentations
- Technical Solution Development:Ability to demonstrate a methodical and logical approach to addressing customer needs. Ability to use innovative solutions and/or designs where appropriate
How To Apply:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on:User Support Engineer