Vacancy: Community Mobilizer
Improving maternal And Child Health project (GPAF project funded by the DFID) is recruiting a technical MNCH Officer in Mandera.
Reporting to: Project Officer
Location: Mandera, Kenya
Job Summary: The principle function of the post holder is to increase community mobilization for MCH services among target population. Also develop and implement capacity building and community mobilization strategies and to coordinate with other HPA/EPAG partners to ensure success of the project.
- The community mobilizer is mainly responsible for facilitating community mobilization activities involving DHMT, MoH/NGO front line workers including community Health Extension Workers.
- S/he will assist Field coordinator for effective project implementation through establishing/strengthening Community Support System, identify & select appropriate candidates from the community for various roles e.g trainings according to selection criteria.
- With the support Field coordinator, S/he will oversee community conversation to promote MCH education.
- S/he will assist the field coordinator to prepare project progress report and case studies in regular interval and as per requirement of project.
- Revitalization and formation of community support groups and mobilizing these groups to conduct regular meetings on MNCH issues
- Sensitization of local community elders and influentials in MNCH;
- Advocacy on MNCH facilities and ensure the participation of all groups of women and children.
- Assist health facility staff to ensure availability of required BCC materials to provide MCH services
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in social studies.
- Demonstrated 2 years of overall experience; and minimum of 1 year of working in Maternal & New Born Child Health;
- Experience of working in Maternal & New Born Child Health;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of the local language is a must.
Submission of applications:
Drop your CV, copies of certificates and names of 3 references at the EPAG (K) offices in Mandera Town)
Or e-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 5th May 2014