Industry: Manufacturing; Multinational Company
Salary Scale: Senior Level
Our client is a multinational company dealing with the manufacture of Aluminum cans.
The company is looking to hire a Cost Accountant for their Kenyan operation with a SAP background.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishing and updating Standard costs of manufactured and purchased items
- Ensuring minimal variance between actual and standard costs
- Advising on product profitability and pricing structures, evaluating sanctions and monitoring contract prices renewals
- Preparation of financial reports for decision making including the Monthly Budget Control
- Report (MBCR), Cost of Sales Budgets and Inventories Cash Flow Budget
- Modeling of costs and sales data for purposes of decision making by management
- Participate in Work-In-Process, Engineering Stocks and Finished Stocks periodic stock take exercises verification of fixed assets and project evaluations.
- Reviewing and analyzing weekly and monthly operating costs against budget and analyzing any significant variances.
- Update standard costs in the bill of materials
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
- Report on breakeven points by products, work centers, and factories
- Report on margins by product and division
- Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances
- Analyze capital budgeting requests
- Perform cost accumulation tasks
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/ Finance
- CMA/ CPA(K)/ACCA qualification is mandatory
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in manufacturing industry mostly handling cost
- Experience in interpreting and analyzing financial data is essential
- High numeric abilities
- Advanced computer skills
- Working knowledge of SAP software
- Ability to read, interpret data and create reports and presentations as required.
- Good organizational skills
- Must demonstrate people management abilities
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Cost Accountant- Manufacturing) to email@example.com before 2nd May, 2014
Kindly indicate your current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV in our database nor for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.