General Manager - Zimbabwe, Zambia and Malawi
The jobholder has the responsibility of identifying, developing and directing the implementation of the business strategy of the countries.
Must be able to speak and write French.
- Plan and direct the organization's activities to achieve stated/agreed targets and standards for business performance, quality and legislative compliance
- Direct functions and performance to ensure achievement of strategic objectives
- Develop and maintain relationships with international business partners
- Ensure strong brand recognitions of the company and its products and services by working closely with the marketing manager
- Be responsible for risk and change management
- Ensure that international standards as well as ISO standards are adhered to by the company
- Implement and monitor annual budget to achieve and exceed the objectives set there in whileensuring ROI and sound state of the business.
- Report to Shareholders/Board of Directors on business plans and performance.
- P&L and Balance Sheet responsibility
- Identify opportunities to grow profitable revenue streams and increase market share and maintain/improve profitability and liquidity of the business
- Work with the Business Development team to establish and develop relationships with key accounts to identify and secure additional profitable sales opportunities
- Continue to develop the processes and procedures of the operations to ensure the highest possible standards of customer service are maintained
- Drive the continued implementation of operational processes and procedures within the business
- Coach functional area staff on their timeliness and project time frames.
- Prioritizes projects and initiatives in alignment with organizational goals.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Conducts activities for office including hiring, discipline and evaluating performance of team and labor scheduling; identifies areas for development as well as future competencies.
- Works with sales, finance and functional area managers on an ongoing basis to forecast future workloads, resources, staff levels and needs of the department.
- Provides input from functional areas to the Senior Management team.
- Provides reports to the Strategic Leadership team to evaluate lessons learned of strategic initiatives.
- Provides feedback and input on strategic decisions.
Education, experience and skills required:
- Experience of 5 years in a Senior Leadership position
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Branch or Country Manager in a multinational organization on top of at least 10+ years hands-on experience
- A degree holder with a professional qualification (Engineering, Supply Chain, Business Development or Finance). MBA qualification will be an added advantage.
- International experience in Europe, North America or Asia is an added advantage
- Strong Strategic Management skills
- Good communication, interpersonal, leadership and management skills
- Good understanding of profitability and cost management
- Minimum 7 years’ experience of P&L responsibility.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience managing teams including engineering, administration, business development, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, systematic, proven planning and operational execution skills
Communication and working relationship:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Senior Leadership
- Various Regulatory Bodies and government representatives
- Key clients
- Stakeholders in the industry
Email CV and salary requirements to email@example.com with “ GM” in the subject line.