Vacancy: Marketing and Communication Officer
Terms of Reference
The African Virtual University (AVU) is a Pan African Intergovernmental Organization established by charter with the mandate of significantly increasing access to quality higher education and training through the innovative use of information communication technologies.
A Charter, establishing the AVU as an Intergovernmental Organization, has been signed so far by eighteen (18) African Governments - Kenya, Senegal, Mauritania, Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Tanzania Mozambique, and Democratic Republic of Congo.
The AVU has its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and a Regional office in Dakar Senegal with Host-Country Agreements and Diplomatic Status with the two governments.
The AVU Business Plan 2009-2014 has two main thrusts:
(a) Educational and support services provided on a fee basis; and
(b) Not-for-profit development services.
The, Not-for-profit development services, aims at building the capacity of AVU Partner Institutions (PIs) with an objective of increasing access to quality education through the following activities: updating and developing content; Open Educational Resources (OER) Development; AVU Capacity Enhancement Program (ACEP); set up/upgrade ODeL centers; developing professional networks through Communities of Practices; Research and Development; and Quality Evaluation and Benchmarking.
Some of the Not-for-profit development services were delivered from 2005 to 2011 through the AVU Multinational Project I, funded by the African Development Bank (AfDB) and implemented in 10 African countries.
The AfDB is funding a second phase of the Multinational Project which will build on the first phase and will extend its benefits to more countries.
The overall objective of the AVU Multinational Project II is to strengthen the capacity of the AVU and a network of 27 institutions to deliver and manage quality ICT integrated education and training opportunities in 22 African countries.
The project has the following activities:
(1) Establishment of new Open Distance and eLearning (ODeL) Centers and/or upgrading of existing AVU Learning Centers as well as Internet connectivity provision at AVU Partner Institutions;
(2) Development and/or improvement, and delivery of four ICT integrated Programs: AVU Capacity Enhancement Program (ACEP); Teacher Education, Computer Science, and Peace and Conflict Resolution;
(3) Gender Mainstreaming
(4) Research and Development;
(5) Promotion and development of Open Education Resources (OERs); and
(6) Enhancement of AVU Capacity.
The AVU Multinational project II will be implemented in 27 AVU Partner Institutions in the following 21 countries: nine (9) Francophone African Countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal; four (4) Lusophone African Countries: Angola, Cape Verde, Guinea Bissau and Mozambique; and eight (9) Anglophone African Countries: Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sudan, and Tanzania.
To successfully implement these project activities the AVU wishes to engage a Business Development Manager whose primary responsibility will be to efficiently and effectively manage all the projects and business Services.
2.0. Scope of Work
The Marketing and Communication officer will report to the Business Development Manager and will be responsible for the following activities:
- To review the AVU Marketing and Communication Plan
- Managing the implementation of advertising, marketing and PR activities;
- Managing the distribution of reports, press releases and announcements produced by the organization;
- Organizing special events, such as press conferences, exhibitions and launch ceremonies
- Initiating and planning PR Campaigns;
- Developing and edit press releases, in houses newsletters, speeches, articles, etc.
- Ensure that the implementation of projects and services is well coordinated with other units such as Academic Programs, Information Technology, Finance and Administration, the AVU Multinational II project coordinating unit, as well as the AVU office in Dakar Senegal
- Providing regular reports to Management;
- Working with AVU staff members in reviewing, updating, and producing marketing brochures, handouts, direct mails leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programs
- Constantly updating the information on the AVU Websites;
- Ensuring that the content of the AVU website is up to date, attractive, informative, user-friendly and easily accessible
- Community management on the AVU social medias’ account
- Liaising with electronic and print media agencies in promoting the AVU (local and international newspapers, magazines, radio and television);
- Answering queries from individuals, journalists and other organizations; and
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
3.0. Expected Deliverables
- Implementation of marketing and communication well-coordinated with other AVU units
- Regular reports provided
- Communication and Marketing strategy reviewed
- Distribution of reports, press releases and announcements
- PR campaigns initiated
- Press releases, reports, newsletters and marketing material produced
- AVU Website constantly updated
- Increase of AVU presence and visibility on social media
- Conferences and events updated
- Special events, press conferences and exhibitions organized throughout the project implementation especially during: the project’s launch; workshops; site visits; e-Learning Centre launches and completion of project activities.
- University degree in communications, marketing or a related field
- A master Degree in communications, marketing or related field is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years proven record of communications, marketing experience
- Proven track record producing, implementing and tracking the results of communications/marketing strategies
- Track record of successfully launching media campaigns across Africa (and internationally would be an asset as would strong working relationships with media across Africa)
- Experience producing and implementing communications/marketing strategies
- Experience using new media technologies in communications/marketing campaigns
- Strong writing skills with the ability to produce background papers, news release, feature stories, reports and briefing notes
- Experience in event management and coordination specifically the ability to successfully coordinate events
- Web experience specifically the ability to update content
- Knowledge of AVU corporate strategy is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Open, distance and eLearning is an asset
- Knowledge of and/or experience in higher education in Africa is an added advantage
- Proven record of working in an multicultural international organization
- Strong writing and communications skills in English. Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese is and added advantage
5.0. Modalities of Work: The officer will work full time dedicating 8 hours in a day for 5 days a week.
6.0 Duration: 24 months
7.0 Reporting: The officer will work under the supervision of the Business Development Manager or such other person as the client may designate from time to time in writing.
8.0 Payment: The salary will be commensurate with the qualification and experience of the successful candidate
How to Apply
Application must include an application letter and a detailed curriculum vitae with: a telephone number; email and residential addresses; and names with contact addresses of three professional references.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com and must have Marketing and Communication Officer as the email subject
All inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will be based at the AVU Headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received until a suitable candidate is found.
Note: ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The African Virtual University (AVU) www.avu.org is an equal opportunity employer.
The successful candidate will be appointed for 2 years (renewable)