Our client, a national real estate development company is looking to hire a Property Manager.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the main responsibility of this role is the management of the company’s property portfolio.
- Develop and implement commercially sound strategies for the development of the property portfolio.
- Create and enforce occupier policies and procedures.
- Ensure full occupancy of the commercial properties through active advertising of vacancies.
- Vetting of prospective tenants to verify their criminal history, rental history and ability to pay and comply with the company’s requirements.
- Manage the timely collection and accounting of deposits and rent.
- Prepare and issue lease agreements in a timely manner.
- Enforce terms of rental lease agreements and manage eviction procedures where necessary.
- Respond to, investigate and resolve tenancy concerns and complaints in a timely and standardized manner, exercising utmost professional.
- Perform preventative property maintenance to keep the property functioning in top condition bycontracting for maintenance services and supervising repair projects for both occupied and vacant properties.
- Secure property by contracting with security service, installing and maintaining security devices.
- Keep thorough records regarding the properties including all income and expenses; list of all inspections, signed leases, maintenance requests, any complaints, records of repairs, costs of repairs, maintenance costs, record of rent collection and insurance costs.
- A Bachelor’s degree in land economics or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in property management
- In depth knowledge of the local real estate legislations and market trends
- Be computer literate with financial management skills which include accounting, budgeting, variance analysis and cash flow management.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and people management skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and report writing skills.
- A self-motivated individual, highly organized, who is innovative, energetic and inquisitive, ready and willing to tackle issues and challenges, and has wide and varied interests.
- Flexibility in working hours: happy to work evenings, weekends and to travel nationally
Remuneration: The salary for this position is negotiable with benefits dependent on experience and demonstrable contribution.
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please send your CV to email@example.com by 23rd April, 2014.
The interview process for this position will commence immediately we receive suitable applications.
Please Note: We do not charge individuals any fee to accept or hold their applications in our database. We therefore do not accept any applications from agencies who charge their clients for submitting their resumes.