Thursday, April 3, 2014

Sample Internship Application Letter

Chandra Watkins| 4 Church St. | Upperhil Nairobi
chandra@somedomain.com 
[Date]
Mr. Stephan Mungai
Innovation
6553 Carlisle Drive, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90048

Dear Mr. Mungai,

I would like to apply for a summer internship position with Innovation. I learned of your
company through the placement center at the University of Missouri.
I am currently majoring in architecture at the University of Missouri and will receive my degree
this spring. While I have a comprehensive architectural background, my emphasis is on
rehabilitation and renovation.

I previously held an internship at Smithers & Associates, a St. Louis-based architecture firm.
While there, I used CAD technology to help design floor plans for a multi-level retail space. I
also used the drafting techniques I learned on the Digital Terrain Modeler (DTM) to assist on the
redesign of a movie theater in downtown St. Louis. This could be of interest to you, as I recently
read on your website that Innovation will be renovating three entertainment venues in the coming
year.

I would like the opportunity to meet with you to discuss any internship openings you might have.
Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see some work samples. You can
reach me by phone at (444) 536-1212 or by email at cwatkins@email.com.
Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Sandra Kamau

No comments:

Post a Comment