Faulu Microfinance Bank is a dynamic Christian organization within the Micro-Finance sector.
Faulu was the first Microfinance Institution in Kenya to be licensed by the Central Bank as a deposit taking institution.
In order to strengthen our Audit team in line with the business strategy, we are seeking highly competent, focused and results oriented professionals to fill the following position which will be based in our Head office.
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor – Financial Audit
Job Summary: Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the overall purpose of this position is to take part in internal Audits, risk management, quality control and assurance, standardization of the functions of the company, evolving and developing processes to ensure adherence to policy, prudent reporting requirements, cost management and internal controls.
- Develop risk based audit plans detailing the scope, nature and timing of audit activities in related departments.
- Conduct internal audits to assess the adequacy effectiveness and efficiency of the established internal controls and procedures and compliance to external regulation.
- Review the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of financial information and other disclosures provided to management.
- Analyze audit findings and recommendations with management of the various functions.
- Prepare audit reports in line with the approved audit plan.
- Monitor timely implementation of the management actions recommended in the audit reports.
- Conduct ad-hoc investigations and reviews as requested by the Audit Manager
- Keep abreast with latest developments in the micro finance, banking, audit and accounting fields with a view to enhancing internal audit function as a key contributor to company strategy.
- Supervise and manage subordinates within laid down procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or Finance, CPA (K)/ACCA qualification.
- Master’s degree in Finance or management CISA, CIA is desirable.
- 4 years’ experience in External Audit or in Banking Audit background.
- Advanced computer skills-MS Office, excel, SQL Server.
- Thorough knowledge of financial services/Micro finance industry policies and industry development.
- Thorough knowledge and of regulatory requirements as relates to MFBs institutions.
- Accounting principles and procedures including International Accounting Standards and ICPAK guidelines.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good at Investigation and probing skills.
- Knowledgeable of relevant laws including the Companies Act.
- Broad knowledge of industry and operations.
- Ability to institute new, revolutionary ways of strategic business approaches, risk management and control practices.
- Has to portray leadership and integrity qualities.
- Self-driven, goal oriented, dependable and independent mind.
- Free to travel occasionally around different parts of the country.
Strong Christian values, commitment and passion for the transformation of the low-income population are key requirements for this position.
How to Apply
If you meet the specified criteria, send your application letter and an updated CV (including 3 referees, one of whom must be a spiritual leader) via the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Addressed as below:
Head of Human Resources
Faulu Kenya Limited
P.O Box 60240 – 00200,
Note: All applications should reach us on or before 2nd May 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and hard copy applications will not be accepted.