Opportunity Kenya Ltd is a growing microfinance institution with operations in Nairobi, Western, Nyanza and Rift Valley provinces of Kenya, and is seeking qualified applicants for the Agricultural Credit Manager Position.
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, the Agricultural Credit Manager must represent Opportunity’s core values of Commitment, Humility, Respect, Integrity, Stewardship and Transformation.
The Agricultural Credit Manager shall be located at the Head Office.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Working with Chief Risk Officer, assist in market analysis, business planning and execution, and product development, for Agricultural finance in Kenya
- The establishment of the dialogue and relationship with strategic partners - extension services, input dealers, traders and processors.
- The development and implementation of best practices for identifying potential rural loan clients, clients’ assessment, and product structuring and risk management.
- The implementation and supervision of mapping and profiling exercises with target clients.
- The development, verification and updating of the “Cost of Production / Farm Pocketbook” data.
- In conjunction with risk management, ensure the monitoring and evaluation of the agricultural credit activities
- In conjunction with human resources, and the Global Agriculture Specialist and Agfin Director, assist in:
- The recruitment and training of agricultural loan officers
- Assessment of the performance of agricultural loan officers
Qualifications & Experience
Minimum Education and Experience
- First Degree preferably Business, Accounting, Administration Agriculture, Tropical Agriculture, Agric Management or Economics
- 5 years banking experience in a managerial position with at least 2-3 years in team management
- Practical experience with agricultural extension services, smallholder farmers, farmer-based organizations, and agricultural value chains.
- Strong knowledge of Good Agricultural Practices and Output Market development.
- An MBA will be an added value
The Ideal Candidate will possess the following attributes
- Self motivated, works well with minimal supervision
- Pro-active, Goal oriented, high level of initiative
- Team player
- Honest and reliable
- Commercial Operations Management Experience and Training
- 3 years or more experience and training in managing and supervising area and branch operations, lending/credit management, human resources, and profitability and cost management gained from a financial and/or micro lending background
- Knowledge of microfinance and banking industry, market development approaches in BDS, Value Chain development and Making Markets work for the poor will be an added advantage.
Qualified candidates are invited to send their application letters, an up-to-date CV, telephone contact, copies of academic and professional certificates and names and telephone contacts for three current referees to the Human Resource Manager by Monday 12th May 2014.
Kindly indicate your current salary.
Please use the following address:
The Human Resource Manager
Opportunity Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19497-00202
or send application to email@example.com