Our client a travel and tours company is seeking to recruit for the position of a Camp Manager.
Overall Job Description: The manager needs to be hands-on and involved in the day-to-day running of the camp, which may include carrying out reception duties or serving meals if the need arises.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Deliver excellent customer service, at all times, ensuring guests’ comfort and safety
- Complete all daily administration tasks as required
- Ensure that all tents and areas under your responsibility are checked thoroughly at the end of every shift, confirming that they meet our standards
- Report any faults or damage in any of the tents or camp facilities immediately to the operations manager and maintenance manager
- Monitor and oversee maintenance issues relevant to your area and liaise with third-party contractors as required
- Complete regular checks on portable electrical appliances
- Be accountable for all relevant product delivery and stock management (mainly, laundry, food items, cleaning materials and bedroom supplies), including setting stock levels, checking, counting, storage, reconciliation and loss investigation
- Manage and maintain effective and efficient use of all operations equipment in line with company policy
- Complete rotas for your team weekly; manage and maintain correct staffing levels in line with targets and business levels
- Consult with Operations Manager and Human Resource Manager where unclear on how to proceed with staff morale and discipline
- Complete all required health and safety/fire checks on time
- Be responsible for evacuation, in cases of emergency, acting as first point of contact for the team, guests and the emergency services
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations in consultation with the Operations Manager, HR&Corporate Affairs Manager and the Directors
- Manages labor standards and property level expenses to achieve maximum flow through to the bottom line profit
- Manages employee personnel forms, including performance evaluations, attendance records, leave days
- Conducts coaching/counseling sessions; performance evaluations; prepares performance improvement plans, disciplinary documentation.
- Ensures that employee related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with company policies.
- Inspects and documents repairs and cleanliness of property to ensure optimum upkeep and repair, room cleanliness and overall property appearance.
- Hotel Management degree from a reputable institution
- Over 5 years progressive hands on experience in a busy 3 to 5 star hotel or tented camp
Qualified candidates to send in their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com