Vacancy: Business Developer for Youth
About ICS: Investing in Children and their Societies (ICS) is an International organization established in the 1980s currently with offices and initiatives in several countries in Africa and Asia while the head offices are in the Netherlands.
ICS invests in innovative entrepreneurship projects and social programmes in East Africa. The Africa regional office is located in Nairobi, Kenya.
ICS envisages economically empowered communities and societies where people exploit resources available to them in order to increase household incomes and generate community wealth necessary to improve the quality of life.
To do this, ICS together with local communities invests in development of various entrepreneurial initiatives to improve agricultural value chains in order to improve efficiency at production, value addition, processing and marketing.
Investments in entrepreneurship are then integrated with targeted social programmes on child protection and skillful parenting to create sustainable changes in the lives of children and their societies.
Vijana Reloaded: One of our missions in 2014 is to incubate a new social enterprise called VIJANA RELOADED with the main objective to equip talented and motivated youth with ICT, agriculture and entrepreneurial skills that are directly linked to the demand of local employers and opportunities in the market.
VIJANA RELOADED is an attempt to upgrade youth economic empowerment beyond classroom training set up. The focus here is to have a group of young people who are equipped both with skills and entrepreneurial outlooks. The main sector of target is agribusiness which is proving to have myriad of opportunities for the youth.
Our strategy is to integrate the many innovative and proven training modules on ICT, agriculture and entrepreneurship, as well as interested corporate and eager youth into a best-in-class hands-on curriculum. Income-generating activities of VIJANA RELOADED drive sustainability and scale.
To realize this ICS closely cooperates with ProPortion Foundation in The Netherlands.
Business Developer for Youth
Period: 6 months (start June 2014)
Reports to the Program Manager for Western Kenya
- have a positive attitude?
- have a passion to make a difference in people’s lives?
- like networking and taking the lead?
- have a track record in working with young people and business startups?
- have experience in mentoring young people to set up their own (agri-) business?
- have experience in engaging young people into training?
- have entrepreneurship skills?
- have affinity with ICT and new solutions?
- Have the ability to engage with corporate partners?
- have at least five years of relevant professional experience with a reputable NGO, project or private sector organization?
- have a degree preferably in economics, agricultural economics, business administration or other relevant field?
If you feel this is a perfect match please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submitting applications is May 15th 2014.