Buying Administrator at Jumia Kenya
Who We Are:
Rocket Internet is the world's largest Internet incubator. Our team has been building online companies since 1999 and has created over 100 market-leading companies in 50+ countries, dozens of which have been exited successfully. Since 2007 our team operates under the name of Rocket Internet.
We started operating in Africa in 2011 and since then have launched multiple successful ventures such as Jumia, HelloFood, Kaymu, Vamido and Carmido.
Jumia is the leading e-commerce player in Africa. Founded in 2011 in Nigeria, Jumia's mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the globe, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Rocket Internet steps in.
Today, we are looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development and entrepreneurship.
Jumia is expanding its activities in Kenya. To support our development we are currently looking for outstanding candidates interested in entrepreneurship and e-commerce to join us. This is a perfect opportunity to participate to an entrepreneurial adventure that will lead to the future stars of the web universe.
If you want to become an entrepreneur in e-commerce businesses and join one the fastest growing company in the world, please send your resume to: email@example.com
The Buying Administrator will be in charge of helping the whole General Merchandise Buying team to offer the best one stop shop in Kenya.
Your position as Buying Administrator entails:
- Benchmarking the competition: you main role will be to know by heart who are Jumia’s competitors and how Jumia positions compared to them.
- Handling logistic relationships with Jumia’s suppliers in coordination with the buyers.
- Meeting the main suppliers
- Helping out to create an amazing content on every one of our products page.
- Helping the buyers to prepare meetings with their key suppliers
- Making sure Jumia’s website is properly organized in order to deliver a world-class shopping experience to our customers.
- Helping buyers to maximize their sales
A successful candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
Expected personal skills
- Action oriented
- Fast learner
- Well organized
- Excited by working in the biggest online retailer in Africa
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
As a whole, we expect someone working hard, passionate and creative.
The category manager is the CEO of his category and is playing a key role within the company, interacting with roughly all the departments and the top management.
We expect a leader.
- A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
- The opportunity to be part of a team full of talented people with the best backgrounds
- 6 to 9 month internship and full time positions available
If you feel ready to take up the challenge, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org