Vacancy: Licensing Agent
Kenya Association of Music Producers (KAMP) and Performers Rights Society of Kenya (PRISK) are Collective Management Organizations (CMOs) licensed by the Kenya Copyright Board to represent producers of sound recordings and performers of audio and audio-visual works respectively.
KAMP and PRISK are both mandated to collect license fees from the users of sound recordings and audiovisual works and distribute royalties to their respective rights holders.
Purpose: In accordance with Section 30 (A) of the Copyright Act, Cap 130, Laws of Kenya. KAMP-PRISK seek to appoint commission-based Licensing Agents whose primary duty shall be licensing users engaged in communication to the public of sound recordings and audio-visual works.
Appointed Licensing Agents shall be required to have the ability to establish strong relationships across all levels both internally and externally with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
KAMP and PRISK are looking for Licensing Agents to work in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Eldoret, Meru, Nyeri, Embu, Kitale, Kisii and Kakamega.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Licensing Officer, the Licensing Agents shall have the following responsibilities:
- Licensing business owners (users of sound recordings and audio-visual works) in the specified region of work;
- Creating awareness to the public about KAMP-PRISK as CMOs for producer and performer rights respectively;
- Carrying out enforcement exercises in conjunction with the police from time to time as directed by the Licensing Officer;
- Carrying out any other duty as may be assigned by the Licensing Officer.
Qualifications and Key Competencies
- Must have at least a Diploma in Sales & Marketing, or any other related paper, from a recognized institution.
- Must have at least one year progressive working experience in a sales and marketing. A good understanding of Copyright and Intellectual Property will be an added advantage.
- Must possess reporting and public relationships skills.
- Must be an independent self-starter with pro-active approach to work and excellent follow through skills with attention to deadlines and meeting targets.
- Demonstrated professionalism and the ability to manage work relationships in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Must be dedicated to aligning with company goals and policies in ensuring success.
- Must have no criminal background.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
If you meet the above requirements, please send your resume and application letter to the address below.
All applications must be delivered on or before Tuesday 15th May 2014.
The subject of the email should be LICENSING AGENT.
Only selected interview candidates will be contacted.