Monitoring & Evaluation Database Specialist (140953)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Description: Since 1981, Land O’Lakes International Development division has applied an integrated approach to international economic development that capitalizes on our company’s 90 years as a leading farm-to-market agribusiness.
We use our practical experience and in-depth knowledge to facilitate market-driven business solutions that generate economic growth, improve health and nutrition, and alleviate poverty.
Position Purpose: This position will provide overall system administration support to Land O' Lakes International Development Division (IDD) monitoring and evaluation system - IMPACTS which is an Oracle CRM platform.
This position will be responsible for set up and configuration of Oracle CRM as new IDD projects are started up.
Additionally, this position will work closely with projects to ensure that the system is populated with accurate data which can be reported to the donor in a timely manner.
The candidate will need to work very closely with project management staff and have a desire to work in the international development sector and welcome the opportunity to support divisional monitoring and evaluation initiatives.
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will require at least 10% international travel.
Monitoring and Evaluation Database Specialist has the primary responsibility for managing and maintaining IDD’s Integrated Monitoring Performance Assessment Computerized Tracking System “IMPACTS” system.
He/she will assist the Global Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (GMEL) team in ensuring clear data entry into IMPACTS by international project field staff as well as organizing feedback and providing technical assistance and training for Land O'Lakes staff and grantee organizations on how to best collect and enter accurate data for IMPACTS.
- Plan for database upgrades by maintaining, evaluating, and improving process efficiency of the system.
- Assess database performance by developing a protocol for measurement of results and identification of problem areas.
- Evaluating and resolving processing and programming problems with the IMPACTS system vendor.
- Designing database management tools; answering user questions.
- Upload, organize, analyze, review/verify and enter data into IMPACTS in collaboration with international project field staff, in accordance to the IMPACTS data entry protocols.
- Serve as primary liaison with IDD Communications department regarding transfer and uploading of IMPACTS data onto divisional website.
- Produce annual IDD results report utilizing data from IMPACT system.
- Oversee the day-to-day IMPACTS data management, track submission of regular report and to verify completeness and quality of incoming data.
- Provide regular feedback and technical assistance to Land O'Lakes staff in order to ensure correct and timely data for IMPACTS.
- Undergraduate degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology or related field
- 1-3 years working experience in Information Technology-related role
- Expensive knowledge of database management software and system administration
- Demonstrated proficiency in English language, both spoken and written
- Master’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- Extensive experience with Oracle CRM platform or other IS platform
- Working experience with an International NGOs in Monitoring & Evaluation department or related field.
To Apply: Visit Database Specialist and complete an application
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.