Regional Team Leader
The main purpose for the job is to provide leadership to the Region by managing all the planning and co-ordination of activities and ensure efficiency and effectiveness in all operations within the Region assigned.
The job involves extensive travel within the Region of one’s jurisdiction in Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the successful candidate will: -
- Ensure organization’s policy, procedures, and business plans are clearly explained, understood and implemented within the Region
- Set realistic targets and monitor performance management process, appraisals and evaluation for each Business Units within the Region. Must also ensure portfolio quality is maintained through effective monitoring, evaluation and follow up on the Units under their jurisdiction
- Carry out deposit mobilization activities and initiatives in the Region.
- Establish and nurture productive relationships with key stakeholders in the Region.
- Ensure submission of accurate & timely monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the supervisor within the given deadlines.
- Ensure cost effective implementation of business plans and all other activities as per the set out budgets for the Region.
- Support the implementation of an effective staff management process is in place and operational for their Region; recruitment, induction/orientation, training, performance management, discipline and growth and development.
- Advices the supervisor on matters related to credit operations and provide market intelligence information to guide in policy formulation and attain competitive advantage. Coordinate market surveys for new areas, potential markets and credit needs analysis within the Region.
- Ensure adherence to effective checks and balances, procedures and clear audit trails within the Business Units and carry out other duties assigned by the Management from time to time
Qualifications and competencies
- Masters degree in Business, Economics, Marketing or Social Science
- Diploma in microfinance or banking field
- Be aged between 35-45 years
- Have 5 years relevant work experience preferably in a financial/microfinance environment
- Applicants must be committed Christians
Other key skills: Posses a demonstrated ability in strategy formulation, excellent public relations and communication skills, a team player with excellent managerial, organization and interpersonal skills including ICT skills
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the above criteria should download the “Job Application Form” atwww.smep.co.ke/opportunities, and send their filled applications to email@example.com on or before Monday, 12th May, 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.