The University of Maryland Baltimore Global Health Initiatives through its operating arm Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Kenya (MGIC-Kenya), implements comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs in collaboration with the Kenya Ministries of Medical Services and Public Health to control the spread of HIV and rapidly scale up HIV services.
Other mandates are to institute continuous quality improvement methods as well as the monitoring and evaluation infrastructure necessary to support these services.
MGIC is seeking a suitably qualified person able to fill the following position:
Senior Technical Advisor – Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)
Reports To: Associate Principal Investigator
Supervises Others: Yes
Job Purpose: To provide leadership for the program in building capacity of UMB Technical Teams and Partners in improving overall quality of clinical programs.
- Develop overall strategy and framework for implementation of quality improvement as an integral part of technical support to clinical programs
- Provide leadership in developing, maintaining up to date tools to support site capacity assessments, programmatic reviews and program performance and outcomes assessments,
- Provide leadership in the implementation of site capacity assessments, programmatic reviews and program performance and outcomes assessments
- Develop materials to support training and mentorship for technical staff in quality improvement principles, basic operations research, program evaluation and other relevant training.
- Provide training, mentorship and supervision for the program staff in supported grants and partners as required on continuous quality improvement, operations research design and methods, and program evaluation and other relevant trainings to support the quality agenda for clinical programs
- Provide organizational representation at national and international levels as required
- Contribute to the design of operations research and adapt to appropriate methods and tools;
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with Nationally and internationally recognized QI partners for standardized QI efforts in Health care delivery;
Required Experience, Qualification & Skills
- Masters Degree in Epidemiology/Bachelors degree in Medicine/MMed
- Registration with Medical practitioners and Dentists board
- 6 years experience; 4 years experience at managerial level
- Program management skills
- Leadership skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- Conflict resolution and Mediation Skills
- Excellent report writing and analytical skills
- Basic computing skills
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their online application clearly detailing their suitability for the position on or before May 23rd 2014 at http://goo.gl/T8sryH.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. CVs without salary requirements will not be considered.
MGIC is an equal opportunity employer.