Tana River County Government
County Public Service Board
Head of Internal Audit
Job Group ‘R’
Terms of Service: Contract
Reporting to the County Governor the officer will be Head of the Internal Audit Unit and will be responsible for ensuring the efficient management of Internal Audit Services in the County.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiating and formulating Internal Audit Policies and regulations
- Plan, organize, direct, coordinate and control of internal audit services
- Executing proposals to integrate ICT into viable Internal Audit operations
- Developing new initiatives aimed at improving internal audit operational efficiencies.
- Analyzing the impact of internal audit policies and regulations
- Establish risk based audit plans consistent with County objectives
- Carrying out investigations of any suspected fraudulent and corrupt activities within the County
- Coordinating audit efforts with external auditors
- Providing secretarial services to the audit committee
- Preparing timely and accurate audit reports for presentation to the management and audit committee
- Following up to ensure implementation of audit recommendations
- Confirming compliance with statutes, regulations and government guidelines
- Ensuring training and development and appraisal of Audit Staff
- Any other duties as may be assigned
Key Requirements for Appointment:
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Have a Bachelor of Commerce (Finance, Accounting and Business Administration), Economics Degree or its equivalent
- Possession of post-graduate qualification will be an added advantage
- Be registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and in good standing
- Have relevant knowledge and experience of not less than five (5) years in Public Service or the private sector
- Membership to Institute of Internal Auditors of Kenya (IIAK) and association of certified Fraud Examiners (CFE) will be an added advantage
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict timelines
- Have ability to work in a multi- ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Satisfies the requirements of chapter six of the constitution
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the value and principles as outlined in articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Have knowledge of computerized accounting.
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side, and addressed to;
County Public Service Board
Tana River County
P.O. Box 181 – 70101,
Or hand delivered at the Tana River County Public Service Board Office REGISTRY
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 17th June 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N/B: Qualified female candidates and those from outside Tana River County are encouraged to apply.