Business Development Officers
Our client, a leading multi-line insurer that serves its customers in global and local markets, has vacancies for business development officers in Kenya i.e. Nairobi, Thika, Eldoret, Mombasa, Nakuru and Nyeri respectively.
Key Role: generating new business from the Broker sector and meeting production targets by introducing your company’s product range to existing and new clients.
- Establish and build new relationships with existing and potential producers that have prospective business that meets the companies underwriting criteria
- Maintain existing relationships in order to protect existing books of business
- Be prepared to travel throughout Victoria and interstate on occasion
- Develop an in depth understanding of your company’s products
- Co-ordinate any marketing campaigns to prospects
- Provide feedback to the underwriting department to ensure quality service and underwriting standards are maintained
- Assist brokers with product and business queries
- Assist in general department matters when required
- Demonstrate business planning skills to achieve visitation & sales targets
- Knowledge of the Insurance industry (desirable) and good business producers
- At least 2-3 years experience
- Relevant degree/diploma
- Business development and marketing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Written and oral communication
- Negotiation skills
- A driven sales approach that ensures targets are met
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and strong understanding of business requirements
- Excellent analytical skills
- Computer literate i.e. Microsoft Office & Microsoft Excel
If qualified kindly send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating ‘Business Development Officer’ and the city on the subject line by 1st July 2014.
Do not attach any certificates.
Very attractive package
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.