Lutheran World Federation / Department for World Service Kenya-Djibouti Programme (LWF) is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position, to be based in Kakuma Refugee Camp.
Sub Program Manager - Kakuma / Turkana
The LWF Sub Program Manager (5PM) is based at Kakuma Refugee Camp, and is responsible for the overall management of the LWF World Service Kakuma Sub Program including refugee and host community projects.
He/she reports directly to the LWF Program Coordinator (PC) in Nairobi or his/her designee.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the overall management and implementation of activities in the LWF Kakuma Sub Program.
- To liaise and closely collaborate with the UNHCR, various parts of the Government of Kenya and other NGOs, as well as refugee and community leaders. The SPM shall will ensure and promote a coordinated and participatory approach to project implementation and to work closely with the Program Unit in LWF Nairobi.
- To maintain close collaboration and interaction with the heads of other agencies implementing activities in the in the same geographical and/or thematic areas.
- To ensure that appropriate systems, procedures and controls are in place and used in the effective management of human (staff), financial (funds) and physical (assets) resources.
- To ensure that all LWF staff in Kakuma know the mission, vision, values of LWF, adhere to the core commitments and strategic approaches of the organization while implementing project activities.
- To be responsible for the safety and security of all personnel and project assets and equipment.
- To ensure the project proposals, monitoring, evaluation and reporting are developed, finalized and submitted in accordance with the various requirements, formats and within the given time frames.
- To be the official representative of the LWF in Kakuma in all official and public functions.
- To keep the Management Team in LWF Nairobi updated, advised and informed in a timely manner on all aspects of the work.
- To assume other responsibilities as may be assigned to him/her by the supervisor or designate.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant university degree (management, finance, development studies or other relevant field).
- At least 5 years experience in a senior management position in an international organization involved in development and/or humanitarian work.
- Experience of working in a management position with refugees or internally displaced persons is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in managing partnerships and coordinating complex and sensitive projects.
- Experience of working in relation to UN agencies like UNHCR, WFP or UNICEF is an advantage.
- Dynamic leader with creative problem-solving skills, particularly in challenging situations; cultural sensitivity and adaptability.
- High degree of integrity and professional responsibility with a commitment to results.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Professional training ¡n M&E and/or Project Management is an advantage.
- Awareness of the general political, economic and development dynamics of the East Africa region.
- Commitment to train staff and communities to increase their capacity for self-help and development.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of other relevant languages is an advantage.
LWF is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
LWF is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of
abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Please email your application letter and attach updated CV with contact emails and phone numbers of 3
professional referees, preferably your current or immediate former employer addressed to;
The Human Resources Officer,
Lutheran World Federation Kenya-Djibouti,
Closing date: 20th June 2014
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.