Job Code: GMW/D/140319
Number Of Positions Open:1
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Our client is the umbrella company which owns and manages various internationally acclaimed fashion brands that meet the needs and preferences of a varied market segment. They are looking for a General Manager to manage one of their fashion brands.
- This senior position is an integrate member of the Senior Management Team. Reporting to the CEO, the General Manager has responsibility for the end to end value chain accountability for the brand/ or cluster of brands and Franchise Business.
- The General Manager plans, directs and co-ordinates the operations of the portfolio of brands and retail stores to deliver to sales goals and sustain trajectories.
- The General Manager liaises and ensures that business support departments deliver efficient services for the continued growth of the brand.
Strategy and Business Development
- Setting Strategy and Delivering on agreed Business Plans for the Cluster of assigned brands
- Driving the achievement of sales targets and maximizing profitability for both franchisors and franchisee
- Researching, developing and exploiting new business opportunities
Marketing and Delivering on the Consumer Value proposition
- In collaboration with the Marketing Director:
- Working inventively to brainstorm new thoughts in the market to progress the brands forward while maintaining the various attributes of the brands and portfolio products.
- Marketing the products via promotions, advertising, merchandising, packaging, direct and interactive marketing, and customer events.
- Managing the budgets and assisting in supervising the development and creation of promotions, events initiatives and sponsorships aligned to the consumer, brand, and business strategies Developing and delivering direct in store communications strategies to achieve customer retention and acquisition objectives
- Analyzing and optimizing the marketing strategies to improve returns on investment.
- Setting , Managing and Reporting on the portfolio Profit and Loss
- Reviewing financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing improvement.
- Driving and tracking cost reduction initiatives throughout the operations
Sales, Buying and Pricing
- Ensuring steady and growing flow of sales
- Acting as the Chief Buying officer for the portfolio of brand products and collaborating on this responsibility with the Marketing Director and the requisite Customer Relationship Managers
- Taking the lead alongside the CEO, Marketing Director and Operations Director in setting appropriate prices for all products within the retail operations
- Setting targets and managing all sales and activity reporting to the Senior Management Team
Meeting Customer Needs
- Ensuring the consistent delivery of the brand portfolio proposition to customers
Maintenance of Stores
- Ensuring that all retail stores are well merchandized, aesthetically appropriate and at all times are representative of the look and feel of Franchise agreement expectations and our clients Operations
- Ensuring smooth exciting and harmonious in- store operations
Franchise Relationship Management
- Managing the Franchise Partner Relationships and ensuring compliance with the Franchise Agreements
- Representing the brand portfolio and acting as the face of the brands internally and externally
- Building the portfolio employees into a cohesive and collaborative team that meets and exceeds business goals
- Coaching, Developing the team to meet and exceed required business goals
- On an on-going basis, scouting for external talent that can contribute value to the team and work with the HR function to recruit such talent
- Monitoring the performance of all team members and providing on-going feedback
- Maintaining an employee value proposition that engages employees to deliver their best
- To continuously identify and negotiate real estate opportunities for brand growth
- Understand architectural and construction plans, implement store extensions, refurbishments or new layouts to plan
Minimum 8 years experience with a successful market leader playing an integral part building a market leading brand
Skills And Certification:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Fashion design and Merchandising, or related field
- Demonstrable experience in retail sales and marketing and general management in a world class company
- Experience in developing and executing strategies and business plans
- Experience in leading and galvanizing high performing teams to deliver to set goals
- Retailing – Demonstrable knowledge of managing retail outlets and setting performance objectives
- Sales and Marketing -- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Service and supply chain – Clear understanding of the value chain in the apparel industry and ability to source / select given the business model in place.
- Profit and Loss Financial Management
- Strategic Planning
- People Management- Knowledge of principles and procedures for recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Focusing on results: Takes ownership of work and achieves outcomes on time and to appropriate quality
- Communicating and Influencing:Builds relationships with key stakeholders and utilizes networks inside and outside the division. Communicates persuasively and with confidence to a range of audiences at all levels. Uses influencing and negotiating skills to market the company’s products.
- Personal Credibility: The professional must possess a track record of success, have earned trust, instill confidence in others, have "chemistry" with key constituents, demonstrate integrity, ask important questions, frame complex ideas in useful ways, take appropriate risks, provide candid observations, and offer alternative perspectives on business issues.
- Identifying Solutions: Develops innovative and creative solutions and options for a range of business issues.
- Training: Ability to lead and guide others to develop new skills or knowledge that will enhance their work.
- Planning/Organization: Establish clear objectives and organizes duties for self, based on the goals of the department, division, or management center. Identify resources required to meet goals and objectives. Seek guidance when goals or priorities are unclear.
- Relationship Focused: approachable; relates easily to diverse groups and individuals; builds and develops relationships.
- Interpersonal Skills: Deals positively and effectively with coworkers and constituents. Demonstrates respect for all individuals.
- Teamwork and Cooperation: Maintains harmonious and effective work relationships with coworkers and constituents. Adapts to changing priorities and demands. Shares information and resources with others to promote positive and collaborative work relationships.
- Problem Solving/Creativity: Identifies and analyzes problems. Formulates alternative solutions. Takes or recommends appropriate actions. Follows up to ensure problems are resolved.
- Quality/Quantity of Work: Completes assignments in a thorough, accurate, and timely manner that achieves expected outcomes. Exhibits concern for the goals and needs of the department and others that depend upon services and work products. Handles multiple responsibilities in an effective manner. Uses work time productively.
- Initiative/Commitment: Demonstrates personal responsibility when performing duties. Offers assistance to support the goals and objectives of the department and division. Performs with minimal supervision. Meets work schedule/attendance expectations for the position.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on:General Manager