Our client, a leading manufacturer and supplier of school and office stationery in the East African region, wishes to hire a pragmatic and result driven Sales Manager to underpin an ambitious growth strategy.
The company has enjoyed considerable success in Kenya over the years and is now looking to entrench this success across the region through the launch of an innovative business development strategy.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the selected candidate will be responsible for developing and
implementing an effective sales and distribution strategy, across a variety of sales outlets including: institutions, supermarkets and retail outlets.
- Develop a Business Development Strategy that is able to deliver set targets including: sales margins, distribution network, market share, availability, etc.
- Develop and implement an effective and cost efficient distribution strategy that is able to ensure the availability of the company’s products in the key markets.
- Develop sales forecasts and budgets that are in line with the company’s overall business plan.
- Closely monitor and co-ordinate the implementation of distribution strategy ensuring that the sales team achieves set targets within given deadlines.
- Aggressively promote the company’s products in all key markets so as to ensure that market share growth targets are achieved.
- Design and execute trade promotions that spur business growth.
- Take a personal interest in key markets such as supermarkets and other large stationery buyers such as schools.
- Develop a keen understanding of the stationery market in East Africa in respect to customer requirements, competitor offering and pricing; identify opportunities for introducing new products so as to enhance the company’s competitiveness.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on sales activities for management and board review to highlight both latent opportunities and challenges.
- Recruit, train, deploy and manage the performance of the sales team.
Qualification and experience
- University degree in Commerce; a postgraduate Diploma in Sales and Marketing will be an added advantage
- Proven experience of developing sales and distribution strategies
- A track record of developing and managing effective distribution channels.
- 10 years sales and distribution management experience; 3 of which should be in similar experience within a manufacturing, or distribution company.
- Experience of institutional sales will be an added advantage.
Competencies and Skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (people skills).
- Strong communication and negotiation skill.
- Strong people leadership skills.
- Results orientation
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a recent photo; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address and names of three professional referees to:
Closing Date: Monday 31st March 2014
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.