Exciting Regional Career Opportunity
Are you a certified computer programmer with strong finance background?
Are you a self driven person yet at the same time a strong team player?
Are you highly analytical and do you think outside the box?
If YES then please read on...
Our client, Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) S.A., one of the world’s leading shipping companies with strong presence in the African Continent, seeks to fill the post of Assistant Regional IT - Finance Controller.
Reporting directly to the Head of Controlling Eastern, Southern& Western Africa, you will be based in MSC representative head office in Mombasa with up to 50% travel within the region.
Your specific responsibilities will include;
- Overseeing the agencies’ in-house ERP system in the region
- Driving the information systems agenda of the agencies especially as regards to adoption of new technologies
- Reviewing all business processes in collaboration with all departmental heads, making sure that they are as lean as possible, and where need be craft alternative process flows.
- Project ownership for all new IS projects, overseeing the process analysis and design, gap analysis, functional system design and specifications, system configuration, development of system tests and procedures, parallel runs as well as keeping the project documentation.
- Providing key decisions support, monitoring risks and involvement in creating the mitigation plans
- Ensuring that ITGCs meet the standard IS audit and best practice requirements in the region.
- Complementing finance decisions that aim at revenue optimization and costs reduction.
- Driving quality, testing and delivery of system modifications.
To fit into this role you are expected to;
- Have played the role of the project lead for at least one full cycle implementation of any of the leading ERP systems for a mid-sized or large organization
- Possess the ability to manage multiple projects and be able to quickly adjust to changing priorities
- Have outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Be a strong team player, very self-driven individual who requires very little supervision.
- Be naturally curious, especially with data patterns.
You should also have;
- An undergraduate degree in either; Business administration, Information Technology, Engineering or a related technical field
- Three years of experience working with ERP systems - Be a certified consultant preferably with Oracle, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics or Sage 500
- Very good knowledge of Finance - ACCA or CPA qualification will be a plus.
- Working experience as a computer programmer for at least one year, preferably on the Oracle forms.
- Good working experience with report writing tools such as Crystal Reports, and excellent on SQL.
- Basic understanding of web programming environment
- Working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese will be a plus.
If you are confident this position suits you, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 9th May 2014, quoting ASSISTANT REGIONAL IT- FINANCE CONTROLLER on the subject line.
Please provide your curriculum vitae containing details of your qualifications, experience, present position and current and expected remuneration. Include telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, names and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.