Our client a fast growing hotel, situated in the suburbs of Nairobi, is seeking to recruit a Bartender / Mixologist / Barrister to join their team.
The hotel offers restaurant, conference and room services.
Job Overview: The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining at the resort.
Bartenders are responsible for positive guest interactions while accurately mixing and serving beverages to guests and servers in a friendly and efficient manner.
At all times, bartenders are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed.
- Greet guests, take beverage orders from the restaurant servers or directly from guests.
- Mix drinks, cocktails and other bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with company standards.
- Create drink recipes.
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol
- Handle an assigned house bank and follow all cash handling procedures.
- Collect payment for drinks served and balance all receipts.
- Ensure that the assigned bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for
- mixing beverages and serving guests.
- Prepare inventory or purchase requisitions as needed to replenish supplies.
- Serve snacks or food items to guests seated at the bar where appropriate.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, menus and
- Maintain a clean working area by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of glass doors and windows, etc. as needed.
- Provide guidance to guests on restaurant activities, dining options and general information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 4-5 years experience in a similar position (bartender).
- Certificate or Diploma in Hospitality or hotel management
- Excellent Communication skills
- Creative skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Listening skills
- Customer service skills
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their online application clearly detailing their suitability for the position on or before 25th April 2014 at http://goo.gl/T8sryH.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
CVs WITHOUT Current and Expected Remuneration Package will not be considered.