Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport & Infrastructure, established under the Civil Aviation Act 2013.
The Authority is in the process of constructing its head office funded by the World Bank under Kenya Transport Sector Support Project (KTSSP) and is seeking to recruit a qualified Clerk of Works to oversee the daily activities of the project on behalf of the Authority.
The Clerk of Works will be engaged on a contract term for a period of Twenty Seven (27) Months.
Department / Section: Engineering
Reports To: Project Coordinator (KCAA Component of KTSSP project Credit No. 4926-KE)
Job Purpose: To oversee the daily activities of the project on behalf of the Authority.
Scope of Work / Duties / Responsibilities
- Liaise with the project coordinator and/or Consultant on the general supervision and matters related to the project;
- Maintain the day to day site diaries showing all records and make arrangements with the contractor for material tests at various stages of the construction progress;
- Familiarize with all the relevant drawings and written instructions, checking them, and using them as a reference when inspecting work and identification of any errors or omissions;
- Examine and ensure conformity to the specifications of all workmanship and materials and record the same appropriately and also ensure site instructions issued to the contractor are recorded and adhered to;
- Keep accurate records of all provisional items, depths of excavations, fills etc and cross checking the same with drawings, details and bills of quantities specifications;
- Compile site weekly reports;
- Coordinate defects liability period repairs.
- Must be in possession of at least a National Diploma in Building and Civil Engineering;
- Must have knowledge and competency in information and communication technology and use of MS project.
- Proficiency in use of AutoCAD, ArchCAD etc will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience gained in site supervision of Building Works.
- A strong preference will be accorded to applicants who possess experience pertaining to site supervision of construction works of office buildings.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must have high level of integrity and prudence, ability to multitask, ready to work long hours and be able to perform under pressure;
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and make reports
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the reference No. on the envelope and application letter, attaching copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and a detailed updated curriculum vitae, giving among others, details of day time contacts and full contacts of three professional referees to the address below, to be received not later than 2nd May 2014.
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
KAA Complex - JKIA
P.O. Box 30163 - 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.