Our client a fast growing hotel, situated in the suburbs of Nairobi, is seeking to recruit a Hotel Receptionist / Reservation / Admin person to join their team.
The hotel offers restaurant, conference and room services.
Job Overview: As the first point of contact, the receptionist should deliver friendly, efficient customer service and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all the guests.
- dealing with bookings by phone, e-mail, letter, fax or face-to-face
- deliver excellent customer service at all times
- assist in keeping the reception area clean and tidy at all times
- deal with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner
- fulfill all reasonable requests from the guest to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety
- provide reports as required, for housekeepers and management
- administer all reservation, cancellations and no shows according to the company policy
- be responsible for evacuation, in case of emergency, acting as the first point of contact for guests and the emergency service
- report any maintenance issues immediately to the supervisor including all furniture, fittings and equipment
- Keep up to date with current promotions and hotel pricing, to provide information to guests while maximizing bedroom sales opportunities.
- completing procedures when guests arrive and leave
- choosing rooms and handing out keys
- preparing bills and taking payments
- taking and passing on messages to guests
- dealing with special requests from guests (like booking theatre tickets or storing valuable items)
- answering questions about what the hotel offers and the surrounding area
- Dealing with complaints or problems.
- 4-5 years experience in a similar position within the hotel industry
- Diploma/certificate in Hotel management, front office or business administration
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service
- Have a calm temperament and flexible approach
- Ability to multitask
- Self motivated
- Patience and tact
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
- Friendly and professional telephone etiquette
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their online application clearly detailing their suitability for the position on or before 25th April 2014 at http://goo.gl/T8sryH.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
CVs WITHOUT Current and Expected Remuneration Package will not be considered.