Role: Medical Officer
Reports To: Center Manager
Liaises With: Programmes, Quality Assurance department and the other Departments
Duty Station: Eastleigh Nursing Home, Nairobi
Salary: Kshs. 220,000 (190,000 Basic and 30,000 call allowance)
Purpose of the role: Being the technical team leader of the various cadres of service providers at the MSK nursing home or outpatient centres, the Medical Officer is one of the senior team members within the Programme Operations Department.
In particular the role is required to ensure that all technical aspects relating to the provision of quality and excellent health care to our clients is achieved, in line with MSK core values of customer focused, results oriented and sustainability.
To provide clinical services and ensure that MSK centres meet the requisite QTA standards
- Overall quality inputs into service delivery, including running full out-patient clinic/ obstetric unit and carrying out surgical procedures as laid down in the protocols.
- Providing locum cover in any of the MSK centres as might be required.
- Ensure there is proper and effective use of medical equipment and supplies and for notifying the centre manager of needs for repair, maintenance or replacements etc.
- Continuous monitoring of the other team members involved in service delivery
- Conducting regular internal quality audit checks at the centre
Responsible for reporting on all major and minor complications arising in the day to day operations of the centres
- Timely recognition of potential medical complications and dealing with or refer them as appropriate.
- Timely and appropriately reporting on all major and minor complications to the MAT
- Establishing clear and concise referral protocols and directories that are routinely updated.
- Providing timely feedback to the team on any gaps identified in the comprehensive treatment cycle.
Coordinating and administering relevant and timely continuous medical updates to other staff to meet MSK’s operations needs.
- Develop clear framework for regular clinical updates for all health care staff cadres at the centres
- Preparing and participating fully in Continuous Medical Education (C.M.E.)
- Liaise with the QAM department in supporting regular quality updates at the centre
- Routinely seek personal professional development in clinical skills and updates to deliver high quality services
Accurate information is available relating to service delivery and client feedback at the centres
- Maintain high quality service delivery data and ensure prompt reporting is achieved in line with MOH and MSK reporting framework
- Respond to data collection needs appropriately
- Proactively seek clients feedback in line with MSK customer focused approach
Empowering and effective Team Management
- Day to day supervision of the clinical service team to ensure that team delivers high quality services
- Routine mentorship and on job training of peers and other health care cadre staff
- Participating in performance appraisal and feedback for other staff members within the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery from a recognized university.
- Must have completed 1 year of internship in a busy hospital
- Must be registered with the Medical Practitioners and dentists board and possess a valid Private practice License
- Proven clinical skills and competencies
- I.T skills
- Report writing skills
- Leadership skills
Attitude / Motivation
- Effective Communication
- Working Efficiently
- Sharing Information
- Focus on Learning
- Embracing Change
- Team Player
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CVs with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any other) should be submitted to:
People and Development Dept
Marie Stopes Kenya
On or before 28th April, 2014
Due to the urgency of the position, applications will be reviewed as they come.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Medical Officer’
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity Employer