Our client a well-established Design and Construction company with projects in various parts of the country seeks to recruit a qualified Assistant Quantity Surveyor based in Nairobi.
He/she will form part of an existing team in providing the following:
- Assist in Estimation and Costing functions
- Preparation of tender documents and submissions (EOIs, RFPs etc)
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities
- Pre-tender and procurement process evaluations
- Assist in contract preparation documents
- Assist in monthly cost appraisal, material and labour scheduling for all on-going projects, quality control (on basis of construction program)
- Assist in preparation of payment claims and project final accounts paperwork for all project.
- Assist in review and revision of rates on a bi-annual basis and provide to team.
- Participating in tender action for ongoing public bids including tender opening.
- Any other duties that may be allocated by management from time to time.
- A minimum of Diploma in Quantity Surveying from a recognized institution
- 3 years hands on experience
- IT literate; able to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines
- A self-motivated individual able to work with minimal or no supervision.
Salary is Sh 40,000
The position is immediate and requires candidates who can take up the position immediately