Department: Customer Service
Position: Pricing Analyst
Reporting: To the Regional Director
Job Purpose: The Pricing Analyst responds to spot shipment rate requests and implement tariffs.
- A Pricing Analyst carries out presentations, works with spreadsheets and runs or participates in meetings.
- Prepare quotations to both Internal and External customers within the stipulated and agreed timelines
- Maintain a rate sheet for use in participating in sending of quotes as and when needed.
- Strategically plan and participate in service contract negotiations.
- Negotiate service contract freight rates and terms and conditions.
- This role requires the post holder to regularly report on trade either weekly or monthly.
- The scrutiny of tender documents and keeping up to date with what’s going on in the markets is essential.
- Analyse all pricing activities including discounts, contract price levels, and develop recommendations to improve profitability and mix.
- Provide strong support to the sales team to facilitate day-to-day pricing and decisions.
- Provide critical customer-focused financial analysis and perspective to sales, marketing, and finance, as necessary
- Develop and implement appropriate tactics for the pricing area to achieve agreed targets and objectives.
- Review all new business opportunities for profitability and escalate as needed for approval.
- Pro-actively monitor both internal and competitive pricing levels and trends.
- Lead pricing discussions with the field sales team to constantly elevate the company’s insights into market pricing levels.
- Identify pricing issues and trends at the early stage and provide recommended solutions.
- Take a strong role in the development of pricing strategies and initiatives.
- Actively participate in the setting, review and revision of optimal pricing guidelines and parameters.
- Effectively apply best-practice revenue and pricing techniques, tools and models. Evaluate programs, and recommend potential structures for pricing and programs.
- Some ad hoc project work and/or reporting may be required
- Facilitate the contract process to ensure contract compliance.
- Perform other essential responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in BCom or Business Commerce
- Experience in doing quotations and tenders in the clearing and forwarding / airfreight industry
- 3-5 years experience in a similar position or as an Inside Sales Agent or Commercial Executive
Key Competencies and Key Tasks
Drive for results
- Set high performance standards and pursue agreed goals
- Strive for constant improvements and take responsibility for achieving business results and persevere despite obstacles
- Report problems to management with suggestions for resolutions
- Demonstrate an interest in and an understanding of issues relevant to your department
- Understand priorities, products and services and have a good grasp of how the department is run
Problem solving and decision-making
- Diagnose problems and thoroughly analyze information to guide decision making
- Evaluate and assimilate critical information when reaching conclusions and make logical and competent decisions
- Demonstrate cooperation and trust with colleagues, supervisors, teams and across departments
- Actively participate in and conduct organized meetings.
- Interact with other staff in a professional and positive manner to foster good rapport, promote team spirit and ensure effective two way communication.
- Be open to new ideas and make changes in the job and routine as required
- Work in line with business requirements in a flexible and optimistic manner
- Complete tasks as directed by management
Planning and organizing
- Establish action plans and schedules for meeting departmental priorities
- Assign responsibilities, allocate resources and coordinate the activities to yourself and others so as to meet the objectives given
Impact and influence
- Promote your ideas persuasively and shape the opinion of your managers and to overcome resistance
- Build consensus for action and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions implementation
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct and Departmental procedures.
Email CV and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Pricing Analyst” in the subject line.