Vacancy: Transport & Logistics Coordinator
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya which is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of a network of health facilities in East Africa which include: Clinics, Aga Khan Hospital Mombasa, Aga Khan Hospital Dar es salaam and Aga Khan University Hospital Nairobi.
It provides medical care to the population of western Kenya region and works with leading clinicians in the country in the management of complex cases.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2008 accreditation, ISO 15189:2007 accreditation for laboratory services and is moving towards Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has also expanded its services to Kisii, Kakamega, Busia, Kisumu, Bungoma, Kericho and Kitale Counties.
It is now expanding its services in Homa – Bay County and is seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
Transport & Logistics Coordinator
Overall Responsibility: The successful candidate will be responsible for managing transport and travel arrangements at the Hospital in order to achieve efficiency.
Key Result Areas
- Managing company vehicles to ensure sound mechanical condition and legal compliance.
- Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
- Booking in deliveries and liaising with users.
- Allocating resources and monitoring movements on the transport planning system.
- Negotiating terms with sub-contracted services providers and ensuring delivery within agreed terms.
- Arrange travel bookings and accommodation for all employees and visitors that travel to and from Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu.
- Liaise with employees and/or their HODs/Supervisors regarding their travel and ensuring all travel requirements are met.
- Analyze, formulate and implement recommendations to produce cost effective options within the department.
- Monitor transport costs and give recommendations towards achieving cost efficiency
- Provide recommendations to management on improvements to the current systems, policies and procedures
- Development of transport management logistics and operations systems.
- Production of periodic reports on departmental issues including bookings made, costs of e.g. fuel, labour (overtime) and other overheads and ways of controlling the same.
- Diploma in Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized training institution
- Training in transport & Logistics management will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years relevant experience
- Computer literacy with knowledge of standard computer applications.
- Excellent geographical knowledge.
- Good planning and coordination skills.
- Business savvy
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Applications including detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary details should be forwarded by 30th April, 2014 to:
The Human Resource Manager
Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
P.O. Box 530-40100