Techno-Commercial – Security Solutions & Locking Products
Instep Business Solutions (IBS) is looking to recruit a Techno-Commercial for its client, the leading world class manufacturer of Security Solutions – Door hardware and accessories, All Glass fittings and Automatic door operators having a distribution network in Sub Saharan and South Africa.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Overall Function: The role involves business development with the technical conversations when approaching potential clients with the aim of winning new business and sustaining and or making repeat sales to existing customers.
The role will focus on increasing business opportunities for the organization by developing and executing Business Development/Sales strategies that will enhance the organizational Strategy & Objectives, customer acquisition & retention, product development & delivery and support the smooth running of the organization.
To provide technical advice to prospective clients and drive sales of Security Solutions.
- Deliver target sales and growth targets in terms of sales value and numbers
- Prepare an execute-able, track-able and measurable sales plan for the target segment
- Deliver a marketing plan for the business
- Develop and sustain long-term relationships with clients, industry professionals, architects, QS, Consultants, developers and other decision influencers to keep up to date with upcoming projects and industry developments
- Gather information on customers for better customer profiling
- Sourcing for intelligence on competition, new products and price and any other insights
- Acquire knowledge regarding new and emerging market trends in the building and construction industry as far as requirement of products is concerned
- Ensure that customers are served as per the set procedure, and customer complaints are handled
- Ensure clients are well advised on product features, utility, usage etc based on their requirements
- Visiting construction sites to carryout needs assessment and propose products that would be suitably used
- Maintenance and improvement of quality results by following laid down product standards and recommending improved policies and procedures
- Constant up-date of product knowledge through study of new product lines and participating in educational opportunities and training
- Provide technical information or technical clarifications on product range
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports/updates on position of sales targets achieved
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- At least 5 years sales experience
- Relationship building
- Presentation skills of product in a structured & professional way
- Ability to interact, cooperate and liaise with clients at different levels, and establish & maintain relationships
- Commercial awareness and ability to identify market opportunities
- Ability to learn / research on new ways to penetrate the market while growing revenue
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
Remuneration: An attractive salary package is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
Please send your CV in MS Word to email@example.com and indicate the job title on the subject and current and expected salary.