The Company: Hass Petroleum is a regional oil marketing company with a significant presence in East Africa and the Great Lakes region.
We have fully fledged operations in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, South Sudan, Somalia and the DRC, dealing with sale and distribution of white oils (Diesel, Petrol & Kerosene), Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) and our own brand of lubricants blended to world class standards.
The Job: We seek to recruit qualified and experiencedAccountant for our operations in Kenya.
He/she shall responsible for ensuring that accurate books of accounts are maintained in compliance with international accounting standards.
This position reports to the Finance Manager, Hass Kenya.
Key Responsibilities Include;
- Proper documentation of supplier invoices before processing payments
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate supplier records, including authentication of payments made;
- Preparation and timely submission of tax returns and other statutory payments e.g NSSF, NHIF, PAYE and other statutory returns
- Bank Reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Ensure payment documents i.e. invoices comply with legal Taxation regime (e.g VAT, Withholding tax etc) and in compliance to Financial policies
- Setting up approved items for the pay cycle, while maintaining a daily listing of the same;
- Consolidation of Retail Network financial statements;
- Proper and timely reconciliation of Inter- Branch Accounts;
- Regular review of Retail Network Customer Accounts and other Credit reports to ensure adherence to Credit policy.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in a Business-Related field;
- Professional qualification in Finance (CPA-K or ACCA)
- ERP and IT proficiency- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages.
- Previous working experience in Oracle ERP desirable
- Ability to meet and critical deadlines.
- Good knowledge of local and regional tax laws and practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player and capable of working under pressure
If you are interested and meet the required profile, please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, present position and current remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 15, 2014.
Your application should include names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts.
Applications received after the deadline date will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.