Computing and Tablets Procurement Manager
Jumia is the #1 African retailer.
Our company is part of Rocket Internet, a global and leading incubator of start-ups specialized in e-commerce.
We have already built successful companies all around the world like Zalando, Wimdu, CityDeal, Jabong… We are present in more than 50 countries in Europe, Middle East, Asia and Latin America and this accumulated experience has allowed us to develop a strong platform, which can support new ventures with both advice and capital on a truly global basis.
Jumia is expanding its activities in Kenya. To support our development we are currently looking for outstanding candidates interested in entrepreneurship and e-commerce to join us. This is a perfect opportunity to participate to an entrepreneurial adventure that will lead to the future stars of the web universe.
If you want to become an entrepreneur in e-commerce businesses and join one the fastest growing company in the world, please send your resume to: email@example.com
Job Description: Computing and Tablets Procurement Manager
Your mission is to source the right products at the right prices and to grow the sales of your categories and your suppliers.
- Handling relationships with current suppliers
- Talking to them every day, becoming friends with them
- Getting weekly promotions from them
- Negotiating weekly our costs, payment terms, etc
- Getting new releases as soon as they have it
- Shortlisting and prioritizing key suppliers
- Finding new suppliers: we have no limits, you can try to source and sell every kind of product
- Monitoring stock levels and planning ahead our purchasing policy
- Having an accurate knowledge of competition: who they are, what prices they have, what products they have.
- Analyzing consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends
- Attending trade fairs/events to source new products
- Making monthly sales reports
- Liaising with other teams (both international and local) within the organization to ensure good operations
Qualifications and experience:
- Should have performed a similar role for at least two years
- A qualification in Purchasing and supplies
- Excellent computer skills
- Keen interest and knowledge of Electronics
- Proactive, entrepreneurial and hungry
- Result driven
- A unique education in launching and scaling new internet concepts
- Become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An attractive salary package
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Jumia is bringing ecommerce to Kenya, do you want to be a part of it?
Deadline: 09th May 2014