Royal Media Services Limited is the home of the leading media brands in Kenya today and award winning local content.
The media house has moved from strength to strength in commanding a huge success of its brands.
Royal Media Services Limited is an umbrella of fourteen radio stations and the leading Television Station in Kenya, Citizen TV. The radio stations include 10 vernacular stations and 2 national stations.
Royal Media Services Limited wishes to recruit suitably qualified and experienced people for the position below:
Job Reference Number:- HR-DR-05-2014
Royal Media Services Limited is seeking to recruit a highly qualified person for the above position.
The job holder will be responsible for generating online news content for the Company.
The ideal candidate will manage the Company’s Online News platforms under the Digital Editor.
He/she will provide news stories, features and other news related articles to strengthen the Company’s online news platforms.
The Digital Reporter’s role will include the following:-
- Aid in generating news stories for all online platforms;
- Proof-read all online stories before submitting copy to the editor;
- Update various news platforms with edited copy
- Acquire, verify & break news stories on all Online News platforms;
- Liaise with other reporters on daily stories & duties;
- Execute the online news agenda for the day;
- Moderate comments on all Online News platforms;
- Run social media updates for prime time news;
- Monitor feedback for the specified Prime Time Shows off-air.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Must have excellent communication & writing skills;
- Must have strong analytical skills;
- Understand Media Laws & Media Ethics;
- Must be self driven, assertive, punctual & organized;
- Must have a nose for news, knowledgeable & pay keen attention to detail;
- The ideal candidate must have a working knowledge of online technology and online news best practices and an appreciation of the business processes, protocols and controls;
- Demonstrate a professional approach and appearance including enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty, trust and loyalty; and
- Must keep abreast of evolving trends through continuing professional education in the area of digital platforms.
Academic and professional Experience
- University Graduate in Communication or another related field from a recognized University. Masters degree in Communication or its acceptable equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Must have a certificate in computer studies.
- Over 2 years experience in a newsroom; 1 of which must be at a reputable organization under a digital editorial portfolio.
If you qualify, please send your application and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date will be Friday 23rd May 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.