Vacancy: Director, Fiscal Affairs
The Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) is an independent Commission set up under Article 215 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Its core mandate is to recommend the basis for equitable sharing of revenues raised nationally between the National and County Governments; sharing of revenue among the County Governments and make recommendations on other matters concerning the financing of, and financial management by county governments.
The Commission seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill the position of Director, Fiscal Affairs.
The successful candidate will provide strategic leadership in the Fiscal Affairs Directorate and support the Commission in developing policies, systems and strategies in the Directorate.
The position will be based at the Commission’s headquarters in Nairobi.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop/Review and implement the Fiscal Affairs Strategy and Policies in the Commission.
- Develop and Implement the processes for alignment of fiscal and financing policies between the national and county governments.
- Undertake timely financial and macro-economic analysis of the impact of various revenue allocation modules to the quality and efficiency of delivery of basic services to the targeted communities.
- Develop a system for monitoring the compliance of county governments operations to public finance principles and regulations.
- Identify revenue enhancing measures and opportunities at both national and county government levels.
- Develop and implement strategies to maximize fiscal capacity and efficiency of County Governments.
- Undertake any other duties and assignments as may be required or as may be assigned from time to time by the Commission.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting or economics or the equivalent qualifications, with relevant experience of Ten (10) years with at least three (3) years in Senior Management.
- Knowledge of financial analysis, public finance management principles and processes.
- Relevant Professional qualification.
- Demonstrated successes in the fields of financial analysis, project formulation, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
The applicant to the above position should possess the following general competencies:
- He/she must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Strong managerial skills, including motivating, developing, coaching and leading team.
- Ability to collaborate with people and organizations of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be computer literate specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work in a team-modulated and collaborative environment.
Terms and Conditions of Service
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package and will be appointed on permanent and pensionable basis.
If your training, experience and competence match or exceed any of the above minimum requirements, please send (2) separately secured copies of your application, a detailed up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of certificates and testimonials.
You should also give the names of three referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
The application cover MUST clearly indicate the position being applied for.
Application should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, CRA and be sent by post or hand delivered to the Commission offices at 14 Riverside Drive by Friday 23rd May, 2014 as follows: APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF ___________ (insert appropriate position)
The Commission Secretary
Commission on Revenue Allocation
Grosvenor Block, 2nd Floor 14 Riverside Drive
P.O. Box 1310 - 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear from us in the next three months from the date of this advertisement then consider your application unsuccessful.
The CRA is an equal opportunity, gender sensitive and compliant